Hello! New guy here...

I have a 1977 FJ40 with a small lift (2.5" suspension) and the original 2F engine, which I just converted to TBI :) I've owned the cruiser for about 5 years now. I actually converted the mechanical parts last summer, but had a bit of trouble with tuning the computer for it. I finally broke down and took it to Lundstedt Automtive here in Fort Collins, and am sooooo glad that I did! They put it on a Dyno and tuned the chip perfectly... now it runs better than ever. In fact, it runs better than just about any 2F cruiser I've ever seen. I'm very happy with it :)

I still have a lot of body work to do on the cruiser... the whole back end of the thing is rusting off, and of course, there are a hundred other little things that I'd like to fix up. Anyway, it's not pretty... but it runs well, so that's a start.

Luckily, Larimer county doesn't have emissions tests anymore, since my cruiser was desmogged when I bought it.

- Matt

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Welcome.. and post up some pics! :cheers:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Welcome, you found the right group for the Cruiser. Lot's of parts and stuff to find for your fix up projects.

Thanks guys. I'll post some photos of the cruiser soon, including some of the TBI conversion. Best thing I ever did for the cruiser :)

- Matt