• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Great as All Outdoors this weekend

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
COHVCO is putting on a show... the Chili will be there Saturday morning, on the rock crawl demonstration (the easy course, of course...:Princess: given the driver's lack of skill and financial-impact avoidance tendency)...
#################################
Looking for something to do this weekend?

Saturday and Sunday is the OHV Expo at the National Western Complex at
I-70 and Brighton Blvd. Last year most of the show got "snowed out" by
the big spring storm, but this year we're back and expecting a great
weekend.

This is a great chance to get "geared up" for the upcoming summer
season, see what's new, meet some new folks (or see some old friends)
and help keep trails in Colorado open!

The show is sponsored by the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition
(Cohvco) the grass roots organization that fights for YOUR right to
Colorado's unique Off road experiences.

The Rampart Range Motorcycle Management Committee will once again be
co-located with COHVCO at our booth at the expo, we'll have the Raffle
tickets for both the big ATV and trailer and little ATV that COHVCO is
raffling off So stop by and say "Hi" and see what's up with the RRMMC.

The ATV Training course for the kids will be running as well as
the "rock rig" demonstrations which has been really cool the last
couple of years.

Hope to see ya there!

RRMMC

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Valerie Douglas, via Gene King:
##################################################
We had a blast this morning!!! Granted, 5:30 AM is a bit early for all of us, it was still fun. WB did 3 segments and 4 teasers about the OHV Expo. We had jeeps doing the rock crawl: my jeep/buggy, Greg Beery's Jeepster, Cole Ford's TJ, and Dan Bader with his Rubicon. We also had Brian Krebs from Fay Myers come out with an ATV. Hopefully a lot of people were watching this morning so we can get more people to the OHV Expo this weekend.

Even cooler news - 9NEWS called mid-show this morning and will do a similar segment on Friday morning. Cole and Greg will be returning and Debbie Lampson will be the jeeps for the 9NEWS segment. I'm working on getting an ATV back as well.

Great job everyone! Have fun this weekend!

Valerie Douglas

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
So I shows up at the COHVCO rock crawl demo. Me and my soccer-mom SUV. And a boatload of built Jeeps. No worries, I can take the easy lines, let the Jeeps damage themselves. Even though I am the sole representative of Dr. Toyoda's brilliant designs.

Ah, 'twas not to be. I took harder lines with better success than every single Jeep there, sans Valerie's well-built, buggified YJ monster. Val build's em good.

I will confess I needed a tug once after I buried all 4 tires in holes. But that was after my tugging out two Jeeps.

Fun time, good people. Got my attention deficit disorder needs met a little, between that good V6 sound and my crawl ratio. I am finding that having a truck that goes slower than my mind can think can be a very good thing...:thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i heard there wasnt' much along the way of 4wd stuff...that's why i stopped going. would've been cool to see you run though.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Naw, it was actually a bunch of fun. The 4x4 community (at least the Jeep part of it) was well represented, and lots of folks got to see some wild twisting without the rolling part (although one Rubi came very, very close. I refrained from standing on the rear bumper... but I did help pull it back down).

It's a great show.