• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Grant workshop- worth it if you can make it

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
For those who do not have a day job...

Training Opportunity.

If you or your organization is interested in applying for a State Trails Grant or a State OHV Grant you are probably finishing up with plans now. To make your grant application as competitive as possible, I strongly recommend that you attend one of the Grant Writing Workshops offered by the State Trails Program.

We are giving a workshop in Southern Colorado on Tuesday September 19th at 10 AM until 2:30 PM. The location will be at the South East Region office of State Parks and Division of Wildlife at 4255 Sinton Road, Colorado Springs, 80907. This building is just off of I-25 at the Garden of the Gods Road exit (south east of this intersection). Sinton Road is basically a service road. (Oh, if you are coming from the north, the southbound exit at Garden of the Gods is closed due to construction. I recommend exiting, left, at Nevada and going south to Garden of the Gods. Then right and a quick left on North Park Road which loops to Sinton Road.)

The State Trails Program will supply all materials, and I will supply box lunches so that we don't lose unnecessary time for training.

State Trails Grants for 2007 applications are due no later than Nov. 1, 2006. State OHV Grants are due on Dec. 1, 2006. The applications are out now and can be found at the State Parks website http://parks.state.co.us/ . Choose the Programs button, then either the Trails Program or OHV Program, and then Grants.

This training will be limited to 25 participants. Please respond to me by email and I will keep a list of participants on a first come basis. I will also answer any questions you have about this process.

Thanks, and best of luck.
Casey Swanson
South Region Trails Coordinator
Colorado State Parks Trails Program
4255 Sinton Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Work 719-227-5259
Cell 719-440-0236
Fax 719-227-5264