gonna have me an 80 tech day, but y'all can work on the raffle rig

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
if you want. ;)

sunday, i'll be home all day applying all kinda new pieces to my 80 :)

the raffle rig should be there too. we are sooooooo freakin' close to done it ain't funny.

to do looks like this.
re bleed brakes
mount/wire power plugs
mount/hookup trans cooler
add second battery (awaiting battery/tray/wiring)
correct bolts/tighten sway bar links
cut down front u bolts
hookup second o2 sensor (sounds easy, but i've spent a bit o time looking and i'll be damned if i can figger out where the heck it hooks in)
still havin' issues with that pesky right rear window. the old motor couldn't even pass the battery test...what the heck is wrong with new regulator and door lock?)
tune up/install shift fork/install o2sensor gaskets (uncle ben will do this).

we have off road lights coming, but until i see them, i'm not considering them on the list to be done.

now, the downside....hopefully, the rig will be gone from sept 1st - oct 20th, so we wont' be able to work on it (unless you want to go visit the western slope) so we need to get this done before then....

COME ON FOLKS...WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, i want to thank rising sun for helping build the MOST KICKASS RIG IN THE COA4WDCI HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I'll be over to finish the tranny oil cooler install and help with other stuff. Any of you 62 owners that haven't installed a tranny oil cooler should come over to see how easy it is to help your transmission work better and live longer.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Wish I could come over and help Ige but I've used up all of my hall passes lately and then some :)

I must say though I REALLY enjoyed hanging out with you and Shawn and Jim and Chris and Jeanette (hope I spelled that right) at the car show today :thumb:

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Wish I could come over and help Ige but I've used up all of my hall passes lately and then some :)

I must say though I REALLY enjoyed hanging out with you and Shawn and Jim and Chris and Jeanette (hope I spelled that right) at the car show today :thumb:

It WAS fun. You spelled it perfectly, Jeff. It was great hanging with you all, too. I think we were all a little shocked (you missed it Jeff) when the 65+ year old lady in the leopard print top whipped out $25 and started filling out tickets. :eek: :D

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
good stuff done today. nakman wired up two power outlets in the rear, one to the fridge and one switched hot for whatever.

crase got the oil cooler for the tranny in, then we flushed the power steering and bled the brakes again. :thumb:

i got the new fan clutch and belts on the 80, new oil cap (thanks all for the parts), and started on the powertank install (just need to figure out how i'm going to brace the top now).

Attachments

• DSC02630.JPG
    DSC02630.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC02632.JPG
    DSC02632.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC02633.JPG
    DSC02633.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02634.JPG
    DSC02634.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 145

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
thanks for having us over, Ige. Really only one more weekend to work on this thing, right? after next weekend it's going away for a while then after that it'll be very cold out. Hope more folks can make it out next weekend if you can't do Yankee Doodle, it was fun today and we got a good amount done. Really nice seeing this truck come together... :cheers:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Ige, I can probably come up for a couple of hours after work on Friday after 12. Let me know if that works for you.

BTW - did you get a chance to see if the 80 runs cooler now?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Ige, I can probably come up for a couple of hours after work on Friday after 12. Let me know if that works for you.

BTW - did you get a chance to see if the 80 runs cooler now?

going to test that and the cruise box now.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Looking good, gang! :clap:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
:thumb: flogged it pretty good for about 30 minutes, highway and town, romping it to the floor often. never got above 195. and the cruise control now works

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
:thumb: flogged it pretty good for about 30 minutes, highway and town, romping it to the floor often. never got above 195. and the cruise control now works

Cool. Now you will have to test it on a hot day with the AC on.

Now to get the VSV in and take care of your cat. I would go with the single cat Kevin mentioned rather than welding back in your old cats.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Cool. Now you will have to test it on a hot day with the AC on.

Now to get the VSV in and take care of your cat. I would go with the single cat Kevin mentioned rather than welding back in your old cats.

vsv is in, just not properly. no way to get to the screw that holds it in without pulling that whole intake plenum thing a majiggy.

since i'm not throwing a cat code (or at least the reader isn't showing the code, nor did it throw the code when it was reading the codes...which it isn't doing again) i'm half tempted to split the one i've got, gut it and clamp it around the exhaust and see if it'll pass.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Do it right. :grinpimp:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Cats work. Our lungs thank you!