Ghost Town run

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
A couple of us day trippers dropped in on the rest of the bunch today... MP3's a blazin'. :rolleyes: :D This was the Mosquito pass segment. Didn't count, but had to be close to 20 trucks; 40, 60, 70, 80, Taco & Runna were all well represented. Well executed run by Nathanial & the rest of the Miller clan, was a good time and a great group. The weather was perfect. Only took a few pics though, here:

Attachments

• nakghost1.jpg
    nakghost1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 784
  • nakghost2.jpg
    nakghost2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,530
  • nakghost3.jpg
    nakghost3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 782

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Yep. Had a great time. I think that's me on the trail in my red '97 80, windows up, A/C on and Coldplay from the iPod. :p: Stopped for lunch at the park in Leadville. Nice little run. :D

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Had a Blast...Great to meet all of you, and to talk to some of you that i've met before. Beautiful weather, and a beautiful day. My pics are still in the camera...have to get them up still.

Kevin and Ben, thanks for letting us stay in the spot with you...good times.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Wowee just got back! What a great trip...I'm going to wait to post up too many photos until we know what needs to be kept secret for TT, but Saturday after Mosquito we went up Hagerman to see the old railroad grade, Turquoise Lake, and just relax! Today we did McAlister Gulch, then most went to Mango's Restaurant, 5 (all three 40s, the BJ70 and Hulk's 80) trucks went up Lime Creek in the meantime, then me and Wes met up with Farnham, Ben Ashcroft and a Jeep and did Ptarmigan. It was a great weekend of camping and wheeling!

Last edited:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
:cheers: thank you, young miller, for yet another awesome trip :cheers:

treeroot and i drove up friday, after tagging cruisers in the mountain communities on the way. we exited at vail pass and ran shrine pass and wearyman's (ptarmagin) into camp. then ran mosquito twice saturday (those we picked up in fairplay missed the best...mosquito is better from leadville to fairplay), checked out the mining museum (place is endless...plan on a good half day if you visit), and hagerman. this morning was mcalister gulch, then lunch at mango's and a baja of lime creek...great weekend. :thumb:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Nathaniel, We had a great time. The kids enjoyed the camping as much as the wheeling. When we're past the screaming at 4am stage we'll camp with eveyone else. It was fun to have so many people in my neck of the woods. Sorry Mango's was slow. I guess I'm just used to them being slow. Trails were beautiful, wildflowers were some of the best ever, company was even better. Three 100's on the same trail, sweet...

Too bad I didn't get to see Perry naked.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Everyone!

Stacy and I wanted to shout a big THANK YOU for Nathaniel and Andrea and everyone else who put this run on, we had a BLAST!:cheers:

Being one of 3 40's on the trail, we look forward to getting all the grit out of our teeth and the dust out of our... well it's everywhere!:bawl:

Seriously though, what a great group of people to wheel with, camp with, and just sit and chill out with. :risingsun

My highlight was leaving Camp Hale today at 9am and driving until nearly 3pm and not even touching pavement! Stacy loved the beautiful views, wild flowers and camping in a tent for the first time. :camping: We ran the Lime Creek trail and had a great lunch with an awesome view. The wheeling was great.:D

Thanks again everyone! I am looking forward to any pics you might have of us, as we didn't have a camera with us... :( Maybe shoot me a PM and I will send you my email address? Thanks!

Drew

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Just got back a while ago after sitting in traffic with ige, matt, mike, and perry. No pics yet. Had a great time though. If you can't tell yet my favorite part was the history lesson about camp hale. Wheeling and camping was awsome. Kids had a blast with everyone they met. Special thanks to the Farr family for giving the kids a place (and playmates) to play with:bowdown:. Thanks again nathanial (and andrea) for another well planned ghost town run. I'm with farnham, it was great to wheel with two other 100's. Especially when farnham and I were the only ones to go down wearyman's gulch, (Mall cruisers tag teaming) I think we were keeping up with the atv's at one point.

ben & girls

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Here are some pics from McAllistor Gulch today:

Bruce Miller doing a water crossing

I was gunning, so all the cruisers in front going up the hill (Lots of dust)

And Wes on the Peak in front of his little Canadian Import

Thanks Nathanial for everything.

Attachments

• Ghost Town Run wes.jpg
    Ghost Town Run wes.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 662
  • Ghost Town Run 2006 2.jpg
    Ghost Town Run 2006 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 658
  • Ghost Town Run 2006 1.jpg
    Ghost Town Run 2006 1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13,100

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
And last night we found this water fall. Some loved it. I was happy to be nice and dry: The first pick is Treerootco

Attachments

• Ghost Town Run mike.jpg
    Ghost Town Run mike.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 757
  • Ghost Water.jpg
    Ghost Water.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 772

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
You want me to go all the way in:eek:

Attachments

• Ghost Town Run 2006 061.jpg
    Ghost Town Run 2006 061.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 469

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Some had a little too much fun at the waterfall and drove around later half naked during the Camp Hale talk, which I heard was one of the highlights.

Attachments

• Ghost Town Run 2006 067.jpg
    Ghost Town Run 2006 067.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,473

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I smell a caption contest coming on...:D

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Wow! What a trip! After sitting in traffic for 2.5 hours on I-70, I think I'll make a mental note of having the last run of the day be away from I-70 from now on.

Great fun this year, we enjoyed hanging out with all of the folks who came. It was so nice having so many awesome folks on one trip. From Perry flashing everyone, to the kids running around and having a good time, we enjoyed every part of it.

A big Thank you to everyone! (Especially to Treeroot, Wes, Farnham and Ige for helping out).

Emilee, Andrea and Nathaniel.

nelson

Thanks to all for the invitation to attend the event this weekend. My family and I had a great time!

The link below is to 50 or so images we took over the course of the weekend. Enjoy.

http://www.freestanding.com/ghost06/Sites.html

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Waterfall Location?

Where is this waterfall located? GPS points won't be of any use to me. ;)

Romer said:
And last night we found this water fall. Some loved it. I was happy to be nice and dry: The first pick is Treerootco

wesintl

RS Moderator
The waterfall is 10 min behind camp hale on the left. 2 pine posts fences with a carsonite between them mark the spot off the road. It wasn't even a 5 min walk.

Thanks for Nathanial and Andrea for putting this on again and the millers for crashing their campfire :D It was fun wheeling with everyone!

Even with a BIG group everyone moved along at a very good pace. I was really disappointed to see the pavement of i70 sunday afternoon. It was a great weekend with all new roads I've never done.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
nelson said:
Thanks to all for the invitation to attend the event this weekend. My family and I had a great time!

The link below is to 50 or so images we took over the course of the weekend. Enjoy.

http://www.freestanding.com/ghost06/Sites.html

Great Pics Richard, thanks for sharing! It was great meeting you and the family.

Drew

CBone

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for an Awesome Weekend

This was our first time on a run and what a blast. My 4Runner felt like a Mini-Me next to Iggy's 60, but I learned going up McAlister to leave her all the room she needed. What a great weekend and look forward to many more trips with you all. Thanks Nathaniel and crew for putting together a great weekend.
Carlton, Christa and Moose

Last edited:

sno bored

Trail Ready
Thank you Nathaniel and Andrea for putting this together and keeping it organized, thanks to your folks for keeping an eye on me so I couldn't get lost or drive off a mountian. Thanks to Ben and girls for letting me crash at their campsite. And thanks to the rest of you for making my first trail run such a blast. I had a great time and met lots of friendly, helpful people.:thumb: Thanks, Kevin