Ghost Town Run, July 23rd-25th 2021

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Dom of the dead and I are heading out now, going to first set of coordinates. We have our grms and ham with us. We also are bringing our pop up fire pit. We will keep an eye for other members on the way and at camp spots. Look for the blue taco. Safe travles, we look forward to seeing evryone.

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
I've got a family obligation that is going to keep me in town this weekend, so I'm out. Thanks for keeping me on the waitlist :beer:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
My current plan is a 5-6 AM Friday Denver departure. That will be much more enjoyable for me than busting but today and arriving late anyway,. I'll find y'all in or around Creede. Ideally at Creede Historical Society Museum and Library at 9;30am on Friday the 23rd.
Daniel7@inreach.garmin.com but may not turn it on.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
@RayRay27 texted me saying the site posted here is a weather station road and no-go. He sent me some coordinates that are on pool table road but they don't show any sort of camp. He said its about 1/2 mile before the coordinates here.

Good luck all!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Ray Romero is setting up at this site: N37.80197 W106.75469

LATITUDE, LONGITUDE: 37.802378, -106.769106

Its the site I spoke of here earlier. I am not saying I told you so. You said that already :cool:

Last edited:

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Don’t know if there’s more monitoring, but we’re following the same plan as Daniel. Working late plus a long drive is no bueno. Leaving in the early a.m. planning on being at the rendezvous point on time, or early

3rdgen

New-ish
Thanks for the update. I’ll be arriving around 8:15. Also, no firewood. I was running late and didn’t feel like loading it up in the rain. But I have a fresh 20lbs propane tank

Hants

Rising Sun Member
It was great seeing a few of you yesterday morning - I bailed out early with intestinal distress, and just got home from an emergency appendectomy. :eek:

Hope you all have a great trip!

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
It was great seeing a few of you yesterday morning - I bailed out early with intestinal distress, and just got home from an emergency appendectomy. :eek:

Man that's a drag! We didn't even get to meet you. Sorry to hear you were so sick. Hopefully your procedure went ok.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member

The message made it too us on trail and we were all very glad you took it seriously and headed home. On the other hand you weren't contagious and wish we would've given you a hand hooking up your trailer. Take care!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Hants,

Was really great seeing you. So sorry this happened to you during the trip! Glad your on the mend and hope it's a speedy recovery!

:beer::beer:

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I found this guy today (first picture) and I believe these are the ones found on the ghost town run. It is not a death cap but a fly agaric, they are closely related to death caps (2nd picture). They are poisonous with physcoactive traits.

I have read this article a few times, I found it to be really interesting and informative about death caps. https://slate.com/technology/2014/0...s-spreading-but-poisoning-can-be-treated.html

Attachments

• 0731210936.jpg
    0731210936.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • Amanita-phalloides_2-1600x1060.jpg
    Amanita-phalloides_2-1600x1060.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 116