Gert's New Legs

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey I was there last year! šŸ˜‰ I appreciate it, Lisa. I was quite nervous too! Thank you for allowing Andy some hall passes to help me šŸ˜. And yeah, I'm down for next year as well!
I was super sick at CM last year so I don't remember much.... thats my excuse and Im sticking to it! lol I do remember you there now, my bad lol

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
Looks awesome!
If youā€™re running wilwoods I had to bleed mine several times. A power bleeder will help a ton for that
Whatā€™s your caster at? Old front had horrible caster and consequently lots of wander. New one has much more caster and Iā€™m one hand on the wheel as fast as itā€™ll go.
Grease your u joints often and you may need to remove the top BJ eliminator bolt and shorten it. I had to take a couple threads off to clear zirc fittings.
Donā€™t forget the big Allan for your BJ eliminators. Theyā€™re going to loosen until the settle in.

Have fun !

Gerty

Rising Sun Member
Dude your response is perfectly spot on. Funny you mention all you did because yes, I'm running Wilwoods and as I'm sure you know, they've got 4 total bleed screws each caliper but you only bleed the two "highest" screws, which I did 3 times so far. And while I'll do another 1-2 bleed efforts, I preemptively set an appointment on Wednesday afternoon with a shop in Moab to vacuum bleed the system if I still can't get it.

And then separately, you're spot on regarding the caster - I called PSC today and they told me the same thing. I'll check to be sure but I think I'm at 6-degrees caster right now. PSC recommended increasing it, which I will do.

And then yes, the upper ball joint hex head is literally the first thing on my tool packing list!

Thank you for the foresight on greasing the ujoints. I did so already but I'll keep an eye on it. I don't think I'll need to shorten the upper bolt; I've got about a quarter in clearance between it and the axle shaft yoke.

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
I usually grease them every other trip.
We fought my brakes for 3 nights. Itā€™s pretty good now but it was a big battle.
I had to clearance my bolts a little bit and we just replaced u joints in another and we had to take about two threads out.

Canā€™t wait to see pics