Georgetown to Argentine Pass conditions

zombie2hundo

Rising Sun Member
Anyone have an idea of what the trail conditions might be like or if even open right now? @DougCruiser and I were looking for a rad place to snow camp next Wednesday night. If anyone is interested in joining reach out.

zombie2hundo

Rising Sun Member
I’m aware there is now way to do the pass right now but curious if you can get to some of the campsites and mines in the way to the pass.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Guanella Pass is closed in the winter. So you'd probably hit a gate just above the switchbacks coming out of Georgetown...

from cotrip.org...

1708699381380.png

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Guanella Pass is closed in the winter. So you'd probably hit a gate just above the switchbacks coming out of Georgetown...

from cotrip.org...

View attachment 126860
They put in a gate at Burning Bear on the Park County side but I thought Clear Creek maintained it at low priority past the power station (Clear Lake campground) up to Naylor Lake turnoff.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
They put in a gate at Burning Bear on the Park County side but I thought Clear Creek maintained it at low priority past the power station (Clear Lake campground) up to Naylor Lake turnoff.
Ok could be, I don't know for sure haven't been up there...

...and I couldn't quite make out the conditions from that satellite photo, lol. :)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Guanella Pass road has usually been open up to the power plant like Dave says. We did a night snow run in December a few years ago but that first shelf road area can drift and get dicey so be careful.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I’m talking about taking Leavenworth Creek Rd before the power plant
Yep I was referring to that as well with the shelf road. It's worth giving it a shot, but be careful.