• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Gamiviti - new product

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I made a similar mount for my 40 to hold my rotopax. I may be interested in one of these mounts for my bike. 👍🏼
I don't think I follow, is the Rotopax connected to the bike rack? Or to the spare tire?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Tim - fantastic. I like this video of the best. I thought your style was really dialed in. Great intro music could maybe be a little lower but the way you reached up to the phone and the edits I especially liked when you went from the side of the truck onto the roof. Watching this from my tent in my moab was awesome
good feedback, thanks! I can dial down the volume a little bit on the next one.. however there's a portion of my youtube audience that is super annoyed with my music, so I don't want to disappoint them either, lol.

That video portion was done by Patch Agan check out https://www.instagram.com/patch_lx/ he does some really nice photos and videos. He'll also be coming to Cruise Moab this year with a few other east siders.. actually the other trucks you see in the little vid. I'll also have a much longer version of that video running at vendor night- no the music never changes, it just gets louder, but trust me 20 minutes in you'll hardly notice it anymore.

Yota_addict

Wincher
I don't think I follow, is the Rotopax connected to the bike rack? Or to the spare tire?
I made a mount specifically to hold only my rotopax to my spare tire mount. My bike is mounted to the hitch. I wouldn’t mind one that does both.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I made a mount specifically to hold only my rotopax to my spare tire mount. My bike is mounted to the hitch. I wouldn’t mind one that does both.
Ah ok. Well the closest thing to that solution I have is the spare tire receiver system. https://www.gamiviti.com/spare-receivers it's a direct bolt-up for Rotopax, or adding a Waterport, but for holding bikes would require a little more fabrication... I can't think of an immediate way it could do both though, the Rotopax kinda gets in the way of where you'd want to mount the bike. Maybe one of those Rotopax mounts that wraps around the spare tire could do it?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok check this one out. The latest explosion of brain matter here, I created another quick-release awning mount, and also what I believe is the first ever awning bracket intended to be used on both a factory side rail, extrusion cross bar, and aftermarket roof rack. the idea is the product grows with you as you upgrade your vehicle build...

View: https://youtu.be/_Js1OTqpSsw

Gonna give away a set of these (with rack arms) at the Cruise Moab raffle. https://www.gamiviti.com/awning-brackets

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Love it. I need to look at my pop-up camper two rail rack to see if this system will work. The pop-up does not have an awning and the RV type awnings are junk. Adding an ARB (or similar) awning would be the ticket and I could move it from the camper to my 60 super easy. Now that would be slick!

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Ok check this one out. The latest explosion of brain matter here, I created another quick-release awning mount, and also what I believe is the first ever awning bracket intended to be used on both a factory side rail, extrusion cross bar, and aftermarket roof rack. the idea is the product grows with you as you upgrade your vehicle build...

View: https://youtu.be/_Js1OTqpSsw

Gonna give away a set of these (with rack arms) at the Cruise Moab raffle. https://www.gamiviti.com/awning-brackets

Nice work! Do you think this could be used to mount a Hi Lift? :unsure:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Nice work! Do you think this could be used to mount a Hi Lift? :unsure:
That's a bunch of weight hanging off of there... what I might suggest instead would be to separate the jack, then mount only the standard to the rack as if it were an awning. Put the handle and lifting mechanism in your drawers? that's the setup I'm running in the 200, and like it a lot, happy to show you next week.

Also check this out.. so I have been working on this off and on for 6 months now, big push has been this year in time for Moab. Just shot that video on Friday, managed to get it edited today and the site updated. Haven't really said a thing to anyone though about it, definitely no social posts, etc. I received this email last night...

"...
Subject: LX570 Awning Mount Options

Message: Hello, I’m looking into mount options for a Rhino rack awning. I have a ‘13 LX570 with a factory rack but am looking to purchase your Expo rack maybe within the year. Are there any options for awning mounts that will work on both rack systems? I’m unsure if the MultiBrackets will work on both...."

Talk about timing! Also for the record yes, the multi brackets would work on both also, but not offer the quick-release option on the new rack.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Great innovation Tim! Thanks for developing products for the factory rack.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
SUATMM.jpg

Seriously though, we've been looking at getting our "wash stuff water," out of the truck to clear up some space.
Sweet product tim.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Yes! I need this for my cool box that I mostly use for storage anyway.

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok here's one you probably didn't see coming. Or maybe you did... I've been talking about it for years, finally pulled it off. Tomorrow I'll be adding to the website the first ever 80 series seat gear press tool.

IMG_9254.jpg

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg

The product is essentially a holder for the plastic gear that I make, with some machined features that allow the knurled shaft to slide within it while the old gear is removed, and the new gear is pressed on. There's a second smaller piece that just barely fits inside (.002" clearance!) which keeps everything concentric during the new gear installation- this should essentially erase any prior issues with people struggling with this step of the repair, and becomes a cool new product for me to market and hopefully sell a ton of. :)

And I'm pretty sure at least most of you are aware of the success of these little parts, as they've become almost ubiquitous with 80 series ownership... something I'm not only proud of, but also so grateful for the support network that helped bring that to light. I don't think everyone knows the club history with this one...

2008-2009 I start reverse engineering these parts, from a thread I stumbled across on ih8mud. I work in rapid protoyping at the time, so have access to a pro-level laser sintering machine, which allowed me to make these in sintered nylon. I put a bunch of these in other club members' rigs, to test them out.

2009 club member and good friend @Groucho helps me refine my design (he's got some killer CAD skills) and we tweak it in... they work! I start selling these as a side gig... longer version of this available by request at any campfire.

2010 volume is steady, and more than what feels right running as a G-job where I work. Plus the sintered nylon is soft, so an actual molded thermoplastic is going to be a huge improvement. @rover67 uses some of his injection molding contacts and helps me source tools for both the cap and gear, made from actual production POM material. We receive the first shipment early the next year.

I spend the next 13+ years shipping these parts worldwide. And they have like a 99% success rate... but every once in a while someone breaks a gear while trying to press it onto the knurled shaft (most likely went too fast, went crooked, pressed from the wrong end, didn't watch the video, didn't read the instructions, didn't read the thread....) and I get this idea that what if I made a press tool that would just eliminate that issue.

2022: I'm a little better at CAD now. Also, I'm watching the thread where @IoN6 is starting a machine shop, with CNC lathe capability. Ok I'm gonna finally do this. I draw a couple parts and in my head have a pretty good idea how they'll work together.

2023: Couple prototypes, one rev change, and John delivers my first production batch. And they're amazingly beautiful..

today: I get a PM from @Spectone, neighbor of @satchel. Hey, I heard you can fix my 80 seat? yeah man, come on over.

You guys have probably heard me say it before that I wouldn't be doing this if not for the friends I've made in the Rising Sun and TLCA, and yeah I know I'm often a little mushy and corny but this is just one example. I'll never take that for granted. From the business, to the referrals, the production, tech resources, advice, and the all important desert product testing... Rising Sun keeps that going. And hopefully I can continue to build on that in the years to come. :risingsun

Here's the video, shot today:

View: https://youtu.be/KFFPRZHWP1M

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
New slogan: "I sit on Tim's gears!"
Way to go!

(Disclaimer @LongCruiser sponsored by Gamiviti Racks) ;)