FREE Free household of stuff in Sloans Lake Denver

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Sadly, it seems somebody got evicted around the block for me. We think it happened yesterday because when we first walked by there was a few guys standing around with some trucks. Sad reality of these situations is the stuff gets put out in front of the house and then gets picked over and people take what they want. Yesterday there was a beautiful card like you might see in somebody’s man cave.

There’s still a lot of stuff and good stuff. Clothing, small older televisions and monitors, furniture, toys, Legos, furniture etc. sadly, an entire families life.

If you know somebody setting up a household or places that could take clothing donations and encourage you to swing by. Depending on the time of day, I might be able to meet you.

It’s on Osceola Street between 21st and 22nd Avenue.

Attachments

• IMG_5320.jpeg
    IMG_5320.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5321.jpeg
    IMG_5321.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Correct me if I am wrong...

Even after an eviction, the posessions that were inside the house belong to the tenant. Unless the owner of the possessions have given permission to take the items, wouldn't this be theft?

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Man that stinks. As a landlord I hope I never end up in that situation.

@damon By that logic, a delinquent tenant could just leave things in the house and hold it hostage. Or a storage unit for that matter.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Even after an eviction, the posessions that were inside the house belong to the tenant. Unless the owner of the possessions have given permission to take the items, wouldn't this be theft?
I am not going to give online legal advice.

You might (up to you and not my recommendation one way or another) note however that:
  • I posted this thread.
  • And I'm a real estate lawyer.
  • And I have prosecuted evictions.
  • And I posted this thread.
  • Now, carry on the debate ... if desired (not my recommendation one way or another).
Contrary to what you see and hear in the news, not everything is up for discussion.

Like "posessions" is spelled possessions. :love:

Technically the movers are supposed to place all property in the public right of way. In most cases the Sheriff directs that it be left on the front lawn, as in this case, because they don't want to block a street. And anyway, most people don't even know where their front yard property line is and where City ownership starts (hint: in this neighborhood it is usually 1 - 2 feet inside the sidewalk).

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Man that stinks. As a landlord I hope I never end up in that situation.

@damon By that logic, a delinquent tenant could just leave things in the house and hold it hostage. Or a storage unit for that matter.

I don't disagree, but the landlord would simply move the possessions outside, and inform the tenant that their stuff is outside.

The comparison to the storage unit brings up a good point. If you stop paying for a storage unit, you forfeit the items inside. I guess renting a home is the same?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Sucks.......I loved my 30 years on the job. But, some assignments just sucked. Being assigned as a Civil Deputy responsible for serving evictions was one of the worse assignments. What also made it even worse was back in the 80's we were still required to serve the Court Ordered evictions during the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year holidays......Ever stick someones Christmas tree out on the curb? That all stopped in the 90's and moving forward. I truly feel for these people.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+

i believe there is a certain amount of time in which they must get their stuff out. probably not as long as it takes to evict someone down there, which could be months.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
i believe there is a certain amount of time in which they must get their stuff out. probably not as long as it takes to evict someone down there, which could be months.
There is a process and the occupants have time, but once the move-out crew arrives with the Sheriff, that's the end.
I never had an eviction take more than three - four weeks.
If there was first a foreclosure, that would have to be complete before the new owner files the FED (Colorado's acronym for Forcible Entry and Detainer - aka Eviction)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Nope, the landlord then incurs completely unnecessary legal liability for the stuff. Many a well-intentioned landlord has found themselves on the wrong end of the deal for being nice.