• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

For what it's worth

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I love tires! There’s nothing better than new tire day! I replace mine well before they’re worn down so I can hock them on Craigslist and I can get a new set! I’m not satisfied with just any old tire so I look forward to new ones.

That said, if you’re not wheeling this winter, get a new set in the spring. If you wait until the current set are worn out, you’ll be waiting a while.

rocdoc

Wincher
I was thinking that it would be good to change w

rocdoc

Wincher
I love tires! There’s nothing better than new tire day! I replace mine well before they’re worn down so I can hock them on Craigslist and I can get a new set! I’m not satisfied with just any old tire so I look forward to new ones.

That said, if you’re not wheeling this winter, get a new set in the spring. If you wait until the current set are worn out, you’ll be waiting a while.
I was thinking that it would be good to get new tires while these have good tread. They're at about 5600 miles now. Since I'm going to swap as soon as possible anyway (i.e. as soon as I can concoct an adequate excuse). But my hopes were crushed when the tire guy told me he'd give me $60 for the entire set. I wouldn't mind having better treads for winter driving anyway although these are probably adequate.

So, what's your experience with selling tires on C-list?

B

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Regarding Craigslist, it really depends on the brand, size, condition, and price.
I’ve always had good experiences selling my used tires. I’m usually selling a good tire that is still serviceable but not great for off road any longer. A decent used set of bfgoodrich all terrains can go for top dollar while a near new plain jane all season tire may not sell for a long time. Right now is probably a good time to try to sell a used set with snow coming soon.

L43dean

Rising Sun Member
I put lift springs on (both) my pick ups so that I would stop clunkin my noggin on the WilderNest back door.