FJ60 power steering

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So some of the parts Ben had included an FJ60 p/s pump + bracket, tie rods, pitman arm, and steering column. It looks like I would have to drill and tap my block in order to mount the pump, can anybody confirm that for me? I guess I need to start doing my research...

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
So some of the parts Ben had included an FJ60 p/s pump + bracket, tie rods, pitman arm, and steering column. It looks like I would have to drill and tap my block in order to mount the pump, can anybody confirm that for me? I guess I need to start doing my research...

I think you are correct. I believe it was 78 and later that the blocks came from the factory with the holes tapped for the ps pump bracket.

wesintl

RS Moderator
That would be right. Bag the toyota pump and run a saginaw pump. vendors have brackets for this

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member

I'm using a mini-truck pump and remote reservoir. I got a bracket from Lance to mount the pump. I'm still not totally happy with the way the reservoir mounts on the firewall, but I'll get it worked out.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm using a mini-truck pump and remote reservoir. I got a bracket from Lance to mount the pump.

And just in case you don't know every Land Cruiser vendor by first name the way Chris does, Lance is the owner of Iron Pig Off Road. :D

Best thing I ever added was the 60 series box and saginaw pump

subzali

Hard Core 4+

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
I am running the mini-truck set up and love it. Some people will say it can't handle 35's but I am on two years now, no issues. Direct bolt on, one afternoon and finger tip steering! Ahhh.

The 60 pump/setup is a better unit for sure, but the fab work and my rig being a DD didn't mix well.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Hm...that's what I was hearing too. The largest tires this thing will run while I own it is 36s (did I just let the cat out of the bag?), so maybe I'll have to relook at mini truck.