Wanted FJ60/62 Transfer Case (Photos Updated)

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

WestwardCruiser

Wincher
My '88 FJ62 T-case grenaded itself and looking for either a whole unit or a complete set of gears that someone has upgraded from.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee
How did your front & rear output shafts fair?

I've got some complete new take-out sets of gears @ Cruiser Outfitters. 2:1 and 2.3:1 versions. 4pc gear sets. Add a t-case overhaul kit and you're ready to roll. Shoot us an email if interested, info@cruiseroutfitters.com

WestwardCruiser

Wincher
Kurt, thanks for reaching out - you guys were my next call tomorrow. The inspection plate is as far as I pulled today - but will follow up on progress tomorrow.

On a side note, I have 2 HF2A's (1 PT kit with Marlin Gears) sitting in my garage with an LM7/4L60 and Marks Adapter - any thoughts from you on saving the 62 drivetrain or swapping it completely?

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Kurt, thanks for reaching out - you guys were my next call tomorrow. The inspection plate is as far as I pulled today - but will follow up on progress tomorrow.

On a side note, I have 2 HF2A's (1 PT kit with Marlin Gears) sitting in my garage with an LM7/4L60 and Marks Adapter - any thoughts from you on saving the 62 drivetrain or swapping it completely?
I say swap!

cruiseroutfit

Wasatch Cruisers
Cruise Moab Committee

I mean if you're doing the full drivetrain swap all options are open. The Split-Case still has some advantages for use in a 6x but the HF2A is a fantastic case too.

I may have some clean sets of take-out used split t-case gears too.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
My '88 FJ62 T-case grenaded itself and looking for either a whole unit or a complete set of gears that someone has upgraded from.

Thanks in advance!
Oh man, that’s ugly! What a bummer!

I have an H42 mated to an 10/82 transfer case I would sell, transfer case needs rebuilt due to funny noises in 4WD hi and low. Probably not what you want though. Doesn’t have the 5th gear spacer on the transmission so it would fit your crossmember. 34mm idler shaft. Etc etc. just throwing it out there though.