• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

FJ55 Body Panels (Rear Fenders)

rfitzgibbons

Brand New
Working on a 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser.

Overall I am looking for suggestions on either a metal shop in the Great Denver area that can fabricate the curved rear fenders OR is there a good place to find salvageable body panels to replace.

Overall the vehicle drives and runs and is mostly complete. My main issue is body parts. The under carriage, frame, roof, hood and most of the sides is all in ok shape but the section below the doors and rear fenders leave a lot to be desired.

I seemed to be able to find front fenders, and other parts but these rear body sections are throwing me for a loop.

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 287
Last edited:

fjc man

Rising Sun Member
I saw a post on Mud, the guy’s name I believe is rusty. He’s selling his hoard of reproduction 55 body panels, including the rear quarters your looking for. He’s in Rigby, Idaho phone #208 220 0915 🤞 good luck,Bill

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i think he prefers text, iirc. the panels are bobm panels that he ordered and didn't use. bobm still occassionally makes stuff and may have stock sititng. you can try him also.

fjc man

Rising Sun Member
Well hello Ige, how’s Wyoming treating you? Is kinda windy by your place? You wouldn’t happen to have bobm’s number, would you? Bill

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
when i had my old phone i did. he ended up buying one of my pigs many years ago.

Jake David

Brand New
hello. did you guys ever find the phone number to the guy bobm? I have an fj55 that need some body panels. and im in wyoming as well so the closer the better.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i didn't , but he's still active in the pig section on mud

Jake David

Brand New
I never got a response. I did find a shop in Parker CO that is going to be able to make the parts I need.
was it a reasonable cost? i may need to find a shop as well because il need a couple pieces made and i cant find anyone in my home town that can do it or anyone real close honestly. is his name bobm on mud? also thanks to you guys for the responses

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
thanks a bunch i will be contacting them for sure. i appreciate all the help
Please let me know if you do. I have not spoken to them in a while. Would be a great excuse to reconnect.

Jake David

Brand New
cool man no problem. im not quite "ready" for the fj55 stuff yet because of my fj40 project but i will be around spring so i might get with them in a few weeks to get an idea.

riderjgs

Lifted
Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs had at least two dozen 55s last time I was there. Likely to be able to help. Good folks.

rfitzgibbons

Brand New
for custom welding I am planning to use a shop in Parker, CO - Small shop. Shop contact is Harvey 720-418-1578.

He quoted me around 8K for everything I needed which would be sand blasting whole under carriage, Rebuilding rear fenders and and wheel wells, Rebuilding rocket areas, several floor patches and beefing front body mounts.