• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

FJ40

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
FJ40.jpg

L43dean

Rising Sun Member
Congrats Chris! A 1968, a very good year. I still have your Hills Brothers can o' bolts.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Did you buy it? I thought you were in Hawaii right now.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Looks familiar, were you considering that one awhile back? Awesome if you pulled the trigger! Looks like a beauty! :love:

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Looks familiar, were you considering that one awhile back? Awesome if you pulled the trigger! Looks like a beauty! :love:
Yeah. I'd been waffling on it a little. Mostly due to lack of funds. The guy waited for me, which is way cool. It's pretty much unmolested. I'm going to have the seat guy on here re-do the bench upholstery and probably take it out to Jeremiah for some bodywork. The rear sill is shot. I'm planning to stay with the patina look. Right now it is 3 on the tree, but I want to put a 4-speed in it and front disk brakes and power steering. I'm excited!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Good on ya, Chris. Seeing you work your ass off in that 40 at the Rubithon in 2008 was something I'll never forget. Glad that this deal has worked out for you and hope to see you either around town or on the trail in your new rig. (y)

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Good on ya, Chris. Seeing you work your ass off in that 40 at the Rubithon in 2008 was something I'll never forget. Glad that this deal has worked out for you and hope to see you either around town or on the trail in your new rig. (y)
Agreed, Use bigger knuckle studs :)

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Well, brought this thing home Saturday. Has anyone on here done the body panel replacement? It's going to need some work. Luckily, the floors are in good shape.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Awesome Chris! Lets see some pics. 🙂

Im going to be doing rear sill and quarter patches too. Looking forward to hearing any input or info you find.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Awesome Chris! Lets see some pics. 🙂

Im going to be doing rear sill and quarter patches too. Looking forward to hearing any input or info you find.
Martin, I may ship it over to Jeremiah for some or all of it. We'll see.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Well, brought this thing home Saturday. Has anyone on here done the body panel replacement? It's going to need some work. Luckily, the floors are in good shape.
@arthog has replaced panels

Last edited by a moderator: