FJ40 Dash Pads

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
This Mud vender is having a 15% off sale. I ordered the Dash Pad and lower set.

I have the dash pad as I ordered it several weeks ago. I won't be installing until January as I want to get some other work done first. If anyone wants to check the quality of the dash pad, welcome to come by. He had great reviews on Mud and less expensive than others

http://www.fj40dash.com/

Should get the lower set within a week.

Dirt Claude

Thanks for the link Ken!

A new dash was one of the few pieces I still needed to buy for my 72' FJ40. I'm excited to mark this one off the list!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I wasn't happy with the workmanship. It was probably a 9 out of 10, but the surface had a few imperfections.

I contacted the seller and while likely return and get the OEM pad. I have the Dash Cap over pad that is in perfect shape, I just wanted the pad instead as the look is slightly different

I will see what he says and post up here

Attachments

• dash pad.jpg
    dash pad.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 422

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I got the lower pads after seeing this post and also wasn't super impressed. sure its a nice set of pads but the surface is kind-of rough and not OEM looking. I'll keep mine but be searching for a good set of OEM pads.

I sprung for an OEM upper pad and am glad I did even though it wasn't cheap. I wish the lowers were still available.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Shipping them back tomorrow. He says he is going to charge a 15% restocking fee and I am telling him that's not appropriate for workmanship issues. We will see how this goes. Cdan can get the OEM Pad so Ill order one from him

Update: he just sent me a note that he thought it was clearly explained on his web site that they are not the same texture and he found out ir wasn't, so he won't charge the restocking fee. He said I am the first to comment on it though out of 70 orders

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the updates Ken. I've thought about these as a replacement for a long time, so I'm thinking I may pass