RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Matt,

Hi! I'm an automotive journalist who is working on a TV pilot to go with my
magazine and web writing. I've got an FJ Cruiser press vehicle available
for the show's offroad segment, and thought it would be cool to try to film
it out with an original FJ club.

Would you folks be interested, or--if not--any suggestions?

Thanks!

Isaac Bouchard
isaac@exoticsgarage.com

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
When? There are any number of things we could do.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Here’s the scoop: we’re shooting footage for a car/travel show, Nice Drives. It will have a 4wd segment, and I thought that with the interest the FJ has garnered, it would be fun to use it.

Also, since there’s such a strong core of supporters of the older FJs (I remember driving my dad’s ‘65 FJ on the farm myself), I wanted to try to tie-in shooting the footage of the new one off road with some type of club trip.

I drove it last year for a day on trails outside of Palm Springs, and it looks like, box-stock, it could handle some light-medium off roading. The press car up here is an automatic, so it’s low range isnt nearly as short as the manual. I’d say therefore that medium trails would be best.

I’m waiting on a scheduling confirmation, but it looks like the weekend of the 20th would be best.

Thanks,

Isaac

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Going to try and set up dates for the first Argentine Pass clean up day for June. June 10th is Big Head Todd and the weekend of the 26th the family is getting to gether to do some cleanup around Colrado Springs.. Maybe the weekend before on that Sunday?? Would that be something he is interested in??

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Seems like that would be a conflict, since that's the weekend of the annual Father's Day Run, on Sunday, June 18. It's already on our calendar.

Skip BHT -- you've seen them before anyway. :D

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Hulk said:
Seems like that would be a conflict, since that's the weekend of the annual Father's Day Run, on Sunday, June 18. It's already on our calendar.

Skip BHT -- you've seen them before anyway. :D

Thanks, forgot about that run :eek: . Maybe that would be a good one to have them on then....

Miss BHTM, yeah right.