• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Fix one thing, discover another.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Today
Fixed an issue with the Power steering, as per assist PCS pump protocol. Good
Overfilled the reservoir and noticed a leak, it came down overflow hose. Good
Noticed something to my leaf spring, Bad
Called ALCAN with an invoice number from previuos owner. They knew the spring build, including extra 300# weight in front. Good
Had to order a set, following some measurements, price. HURTS

During a previous excercise of knuckle rebuild. Discovered belly plate at risk coming off, as well as a missing nut to a greasable bolt to rear shackle. Fixed

The good thing, I rather discover it here at home than on a Trail.

All potentially disastreuos. GLAD I check
EC410CDD-B9A5-419B-9132-D0AEBB83AC5F.jpeg
72384DA2-8D46-4CAB-B3CC-60A2812D553B.jpeg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
D'oh!
Been there more than once.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
D'oh!
Been there more than once.
I believe that was presented in my description and doubt it’s the last time. Hope you don’t mind me sharing on the forum. It could possibly help someone else/ new to thouroughly inspect and not neglect underneath and around. Preventative measures that could save a lot of headaches, being elsewhere.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m confused.
When I say been there more than once, I mean I’ve had a few leaf springs break on me. That’s all.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Ahh bummer! glad you had an invoice number. hopefully they set you up right. I literally found a greaseable spring pin spare in the garage today, remind me your address via PM and I'll send it.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Ahh bummer! glad you had an invoice number. hopefully they set you up right. I literally found a greaseable spring pin spare in the garage today, remind me your address via PM and I'll send it.
Thanks Marco

Appreciate the offer, but done and fixed. ALCAN springs ordered as well as OME Shocks and Steering damper. Much thanks to reciepts you provided.
Discovered couple other things (GOOD), that will be fixed but wont share that on here anymore (BECAUSE).