Fish On!

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
From our trip to MN this summer. Walleye, caught with a leach. My son with his Grandpa on Devil Track lake.

Attachments

• fishingmn.jpg
    fishingmn.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 300
From our trip to MN this summer. Walleye, caught with a leach. My son with his Grandpa on Devil Track lake.

I was in MN last summer an caught nothing. So unlike your son, I did not have a smile on my face. :rant:

Fishy

Hard Core 4+
Awesome pic. Nothing better than seeing kids light up with a fish on a tight line!

A friend of mine who is a big catch and release guy spent a week in Canada fly fishing for pike. They spent a little time everyday fishing for walleye for shore lunch. He said they were so tasty he'd never let one swim away again!

Looking forward to getting up north sometime and doing the same.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
A friend of mine who is a big catch and release guy spent a week in Canada fly fishing for pike. They spent a little time everyday fishing for walleye for shore lunch. He said they were so tasty he'd never let one swim away again!

Looking forward to getting up north sometime and doing the same.

When the kids get a little older Stan you oughta consider taking them on a trip to the boundary waters above Minnesota.. my dad took us there twice when we were young and I still remember it, was just awesome. Shoot maybe we plan a run for up there. The only bummer is Ely is a solid 18 hour drive away... worth it though. :eek:

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
When the kids get a little older Stan you oughta consider taking them on a trip to the boundary waters above Minnesota.. my dad took us there twice when we were young and I still remember it, was just awesome. Shoot maybe we plan a run for up there. The only bummer is Ely is a solid 18 hour drive away... worth it though. :eek:

When I was teenager we spent a week in canoes in Boundary Waters. What an experience. It was great, while we were paddling along 6 to 8 of us would all get fish on. I never ate so much pike ever. The 2 mile portage was no fun though.

Fishy

Hard Core 4+

I've heard/read about that area. Looks unreal. Nothing but lake afer lake sometimes connected by small streams right? Sounds like my kinda place!

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
My mother moved to Grand Marais 7 years ago, full time. The BWCA is just up the road. I'd be happy to put together a trip for anyone interested. Early August 2013?? The drive up Highway 61 is fantastic.