Facilities at Slickrock...

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
For those that have stayed there...Anything particular we should know?

Like the showers for instance...Are they free to campers staying there or do you have to pay with quarters for a certain amount of time?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
For those that have stayed there...Anything particular we should know?

Like the showers for instance...Are they free to campers staying there or do you have to pay with quarters for a certain amount of time?

:D Showers are free. First come, first served, as are the toilets. There are two main "bath houses", one on either side of the cabins along the back fence. Bring your own soap, shampoo, towels, etc. I finally started bringing wash cloths and a scrub brush to get the dirt and grease off my hands. You'll probably want to wear some sort of footwear to and from the bathrooms. There are a couple of hot tubs and a pool.

The biggest problem will probably be the cotton from the trees. Make sure and close the windows on your vehicle and leave your tents zipped. The stuff gets everywhere. Be careful not to get an open flame near the cotton. It will burn like a wild fire.

The front office sells ice and has a small amount "convenience" items, like beverages. They also sell postcards and a few t-shirts.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
PERFECT! Thanks Chris. I was beginning to wonder if I needed to stop and get a roll of quarters. The Dutch Charlie campground outside of Ridgway use to have "free" showers but now they are pay showers ($3 for like 5 mins or something) to encourage conservation and keep people from taking 30 min showers, or so they say :)

My allergies are going to love the Cottonwood trees I bet :(

I imagine the showers will be plenty busy during CM07...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
No problemo for us early risers though...:p: