Expo Portal Ham Radio Net - 15 Jan 2008 @ 19:00 PST

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
That's 8:00 pm for those of us in Colorado.

Topic is: Ham Radio's!

I'll be dialing up the Western Reflector (node #9251) for tonight's net. I have access to a couple of repeaters that are IRLP enabled. The first one is open to the public and the second one is for members of RMRL. As this is not a scheduled event on either of these repeaters, there may be people already using them at the time we would like to dial into the Expo Portal Net. This was what happened in December and so we were about 10 minutes late in getting in. With access to two repeaters, we'll try one and if it is busy fail over to the second.

At about 7:55 (MST) I'll dial up the reflector on 146.805 (pl 186.2), if the node is busy I'll move over to 145.340 (pl 103.5) to dial up the reflector. If both repeaters are in use, we can all touch base on the 145.145 (pl 107.2) and figure out the next steps.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I think I can make it.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
That was cool last night, Ricardo, was nice to hear Dave on there as well. I'm still a little tickled at the fact that we can do this- I never even opened the garage door but was talking to guys in CA, AZ, and Denver. Makes me want to get an HT though, so I can transmit from in front of the fireplace.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I wanted to join it but because of my gallant recovery efforts I had book work to finish last night! It was worth every extra gallon of gas it took! :lmao: ;)

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Kevin, that was awesome what you did yesterday. I tried to break out at lunch to call KDOCMN on the 145.145, but work got in the way of things.

Thanks to all the Rising Sun members that made it for the net!

We're growing - slowly but surely, we get more participants every month.

FYI - I contacted the folks at Adventure Trailer, and unfortunately none of them are Ham operators. I'll check on the Expo site and see if we can get any trailer owners to join us for a discusion on pullin' a loaded tailer.

Mark
KE7IXX