• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Expedition Cure

Status
Not open for further replies.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Hanley Noel is heading up the Expedition Cure and will be at the Rally this Sunday.

http://www.expeditioncure.com/

Two Hoosiers are attempting to off-road the North American Continental Divide - from Canada to Mexico - in 21 days to raise funds and awareness for Parkinsons Disease Research. It's a very cool project and you should definitely check it out at www.expeditioncure.com

Backed by names you know - like National Geographic, Panasonic, Goodyear, Miller Lite, IQuest, Monster, Net Heads and others - and coupled with Team Fox and the Michael J. Fox Foundation, these expeditionaries leave Friday and are throwing one last fundraising bash before heading to Glacier National Park.

http://www.netheads.com/newsletters/08-16-06.htm
The launch party is in Broad Ripple, Indiana

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I'll see if I can find out what happened to the team. :confused:

They didn't show up at the rally AFAIK

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
So, I'm lost...

Are they planning to actually drive on the whole way on the Contintental Devide, or just 4wd trails near the devide?
As I understand it, a large portion of the CDT (which I always thought was truly on the devide the whole way) is foot traffic only. So, how are they going to accomplish this?
I tried looking at their intended route, but the page is under construction...

Darren

Devide? :confused:

They're just taking roads near the divide. How they plan to avoid pavement altogether staying as close as possible is beyond me. Even a lot of the CDT doesn't actually lie on the divide.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
email...

expeditioncure said:
Mike,

I didn't end up leaving Indy until after midnight on Saturday. I tried but there was no way for me to possibly make it. I'm on my way to Montana as I type this. Hope the rally was fun.

Hanley

Status
Not open for further replies.