• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Emissions Rollers

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
For the homies that have an 80 series no matter which year and have over sized tires that limit you from being able to test your rig for emissions because they are too large for the roller test, I have a sweet set of 07 Sequoia 17 inch 6 lug wheels with newer tires on them that are free for you to use if need be. Just PM me if want to use them. I am in the Thornton area.
20200715_091820.jpg

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Thank you SO MUCH @RayRay27 for the rollers!!!

My 80 passed emissions via “Fastpass” and had room to spare. Even scored better than it did 2 years ago! Could not have tested if it weren’t for your kindness and generosity.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

23EC5B99-06AE-4EAA-B245-74FBBE118AE6.jpeg

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Are there still rollers around in the club? It's that time again! I'm going to try to get tested without changing first, but I'm expecting denial at the normal sites. Any other suggestions?

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I still have them. Got to run my rig here in the next few weeks hopefully.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Awesome! My tags are now expired. I'm going to try to run it at the Sheridan/Wheatridge location with the 35s, but if they turn me away, I may hit you up if that's OK?

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Has anyone tried one of these locations that they recommend testing with 34" plus tires?
1667577150683.png

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I have been testing at the Sheridan location for a few years. However, I have also been turned away there on 35s. I'll try there again this year before going through the hassle of switching wheels.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Fort Collins doesn't test larger then 33". I learned this the hard way when I drove 45 minutes up there and they failed me.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I have been testing at the Sheridan location for a few years. However, I have also been turned away there on 35s. I'll try there again this year before going through the hassle of switching wheels.
Passed with ease at the Sheridan location. I had to talk the guy into testing...as when he first measured he said my tires were too big by about 1/2". I told him that I had been testing at this location with these same tires the last three tests, and he agreed to try it. So, in short, I had to talk them into testing my truck, but they did test it, and it passed with the "fast pass" criteria.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Passed with ease at the Sheridan location. I had to talk the guy into testing...as when he first measured he said my tires were too big by about 1/2". I told him that I had been testing at this location with these same tires the last three tests, and he agreed to try it. So, in short, I had to talk them into testing my truck, but they did test it, and it passed with the "fast pass" criteria.
Congrats hombre! What's the fast pass criteria?

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Not sure? But the test ended after like 1 minute and screen said Fast Pass. I was well below limits. HEET strikes again!

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee