• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Email Blast - Advise Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeoffroad

Hard Core 4+
I am going to do an email blast to our customers. However I know that we can not just send a mass email through our servers.

Does anyone have any experience with mass email services that can do that?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I highly recommend Mail Chimp. If you sign up, and if there is a place to say who referred you, would you mention tlca.org?

Matt

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
constant contact

I work with alot of people who use a variety of different providers, most are doing ongoing 'campaign's. the most popular one I hear about is constant contact.

+1 for Constant Contact

I set it up at work for some marketing things we've done. Overall I've been really happy with it. My wife's company uses it as well. The basic service gives you nice metrics like being able to see who has opened the emails, who has clicked links, and who has forwarded the emails to friends.

Totally random fact about mass email. According to the marketing dept that my wife works in, the best time to send stuff like that is Wednesdays at noon. They have the most success with email opens, link click through, and forwards, for emails sent at that time.

I haven't tested the theory, but I've at least followed that rule of thumb with stuff at work, and we've had pretty good luck with it.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
+1 for Constant Contact

Totally random fact about mass email. According to the marketing dept that my wife works in, the best time to send stuff like that is Wednesdays at noon. They have the most success with email opens, link click through, and forwards, for emails sent at that time.

I haven't tested the theory, but I've at least followed that rule of thumb with stuff at work, and we've had pretty good luck with it.

I'm in the webinar business...I'd agree with that theory, as that's also when our customers get the best turnout for their presentations. (in general, we see mid-week/mid day ish works best.)

Status
Not open for further replies.