• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

elocker harness

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
Does any one have a elocker wiring harness laying around ? ?

I need the plug for the indicator switch.

If ya want to give up the entire harness, I'll gladly replace it with a new one. I'm sure I'll have to order it and wait for it to come in.
Thanx.

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey, Brian, I got your message too late to respond. Frankly I'm not sure, but we can go diggin' if you want. If I have one it's yours, I still need to figger out the rear axle seal situation on that ABS housing I have, so I won't need it too suddenly.

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
Red_Chili said:
Hey, Brian, I got your message too late to respond. Frankly I'm not sure, but we can go diggin' if you want. If I have one it's yours, I still need to figger out the rear axle seal situation on that ABS housing I have, so I won't need it too suddenly.

No worries, Got 'er Jerry rigged real good. We were out Sat and when I switched the locker on I'd get a short "ZEET" sound from the actuator and then clicking sound, like the splines were trying to line up. The indicator light never came on and it never felt like it was locked. Sort of the same problem I encountered last year. Got home jacked it up and all seemed well but no light
confused.gif
. Couldn't tell for sure if the fork was traveling far enough to hit the detent 'cuz...no light
mad.gif
. Bulb was not burned out (this time
redface.gif
). So I tore it down and found one of the wires from the indicator switch was broken right at the plug. Not enough left to solder . Managed to cut away some of the little boot and got < 1/8" to solder. Was able to get just enough solder to hold it together, but figured it ain't never gonna hold. Then I had me a Martha Stewart moment
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
HOT GLUE GUN !!!! I encased the solder joint and built up a strain relief with HOT GLUE
lmao.gif
It's gonna hold for now. Still need to replace it at some point. OH and when I pulled the actuator the spring was still under tension Kinda like the motor wound it up but the fork hadn't moved enough to release the spring
confused.gif
. All's good for now (and you wonder why I want to go w/ an ARB)

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Ah... encapsulation, AKA potting. Good enough for aerospace, good enough for Seldom Seen.