• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Editing post

FunkyYota

Rising Sun Member
I'm trying to edit a post I made yesterday to remove my phone numbers. Seems like I can only edit once. Any tips? I'd really like to remove my number from the post if possible.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I can do it if you give me a link. Not sure why you cannot do it.

scheefdog

I wanted to edit a for sale post I recently made with updates and there is no option to edit. There is only an option to "report", "quote", or "reply".

This seems weird because I have the option to "edit" on this post, but I cannot edit anything on the for sale thread that I started. What gives?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I don't know if it's a member vs guest thing but it seems you can edit a post or delete I think for 90 minutes after which it's locked.

Bub

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
XF changed the edit parameter in the settings. So what used to be unlimited is now limited.

scheefdog

I don't know if it's a member vs guest thing but it seems you can edit a post or delete I think for 90 minutes after which it's locked.

Dave - thanks for pointing that out with the timeframe as that looks to be true.

scheefdog

XF changed the edit parameter in the settings. So what used to be unlimited is now limited.

I find it useful to be able to edit posts - especially for sale threads with a list of parts and photos. Editing can help keep threads updated and less cluttered. I say allow it like all the other forums do.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Has there ever been discussion of allowing unlimited editing or is 90 minutes intentional?

I've found errors in a couple of posts that irritate me and would really like to fix!

Lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
If you could send me the post, I could try and fix them from my end/

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Not to update a dead thread, but I am having the same problem. I'd like to update my Sale listing (https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/2000-toyota-land-cruiser-15-000-obo.30178/) but can't. Any suggestions or can a mod help me out if I send what I'd like to update it to?
Is there not the tab with the 3 dots in the top right corner of the thread? It should be there and when you click on it there should be an option to "edit thread". If its not there I could edit it for you, PM me what you need done.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@Dman33733 do you see this menu? Yours won't have quite so many options, but you should be able to edit your thread.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.48.14 PM.png

If you're just trying to edit the content of your post, you can do so by clicking Edit at the bottom of that post.

scheefdog

@Dman33733 do you see this menu? Yours won't have quite so many options, but you should be able to edit your thread.

View attachment 92135

If you're just trying to edit the content of your post, you can do so by clicking Edit at the bottom of that post.

@Hulk - Being able to edit was never resolved for me either. Have you thought about creating a dummy "normal" account to login into to look at what us mere mortals see for options?

Using your example screenshot - the only icon I see when viewing one of my threads is the "Watch" icon. No "jump to new" or drop down option box is shown.