East Coast losing Paragon

Hello all,
I just wanted to keep you abreast of the horrible goings on out on the Right coast here.

http://www.saveparagonap.com/

This is horrible, because I remember having a conversation with some of you guys @ TBP about how PA was kind of lucky that we didn't need to deal with govt land issues.... *sigh*

Anyway, they're building a cargo airport on the property (which we can't figure out because they'll have to totally destry the area to get it flattened out enough...)

Not a post for help or anything, mainly comisseration I guess :(

BTW: this is where Coal Mine Cruiser Classic is held

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, I've been following this a bit. Looks like there is big money to be made by local gov't, and when that opportunity comes along, everyone else must get outta tha way.

The family restaurant where I worked (in Missouri) when I was in high school got "condemned" because Lowes wanted to build a hardware store on that site. That kind of stuff just sucks. On the other hand, the new restaurant is much nicer, and it's nice having a Lowes near my parents.

wesintl

RS Moderator
That's a bummer.

Looks like Rausch creek will become more popular...

That's a bummer.

Looks like Rausch creek will become more popular...

which is good and bad. Right now, Rausch is kind of the *best kept secret* ya know?

They don't have enough trails to really support the overflow coming from Paragon closing down either....

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
That's a word to the wise to us. Private OHV parks are not the ultimate answer to keeping trails open, not by any means.