e-brake solution for my lifted mini?

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
So I got my Marlin 4 inch rear springs on my 1989 4Runner today, but my previously PO'd E-brake cable is really unhappy about the couple MORE inches even at normal ride height. At full droop, it'll be banjo string tight. (so will my 20 inch brake line, but that is another (easy) story.

What do you guys do to retain the E-brake function on lifted rigs? Cable extension? How to?

Thanks!
\

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I ran my cable lower after removing the cable clamp near the fuel tank- worked fine, last long time. I also did a cable 'lift' by extending the bolt on the axle housing, which allowed the cable that connects the left and right rear brakes to clear the thick spring pack, that probably helped a bit too.

Now I run a modified Allpoo driveshaft ebrake, but it is not as powerful as stock. I would classify it as a very adequate parking brake, but I would hate to try to stop the rig at speed with it.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the tips, Chili

Thanks Chili. I bent a piece of .25 bar stock and raised the pivot on the axle about 3". I understand about lowering the cable mount so it can run lower on the fuel tank. I'll try that out tonight.

You are going to hate my angled shocks. I probably will too. We'll see.
I'm just not quite ready to cut holes in the floor for the shocks yet. (but I'm pretty close!)