Dust to Glory... anyone?

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Treeroots Grizzly Man review made me think of the best documentary I have ever seen...

DUST to GLORY! (it is about the Baja 1000 off road race)

Seriously, I wanted to go out and drive my fj40 140 mph over softball sized rocks after seeing that... then I realized, "where am I going to find that many softball sized rocks!" :lmao:

Seriously, I added a trip to see the race to my top 100 things to do before I die list.

Anyone seen it?

Drew

Maddmatt

Trail Ready
Yeah great flick. Saw it down town last winter at the place on Broadway (name escapes me, which is ridiculous because I've been going to shows there since the '80's.)

Better yet, this summer I was flipping through the cheap used rack at Blockbuster, looking for some kid movies to get us through a long drive, and got a copy on DVD for $4.

I like the guy who cowboys up and rides the whole thing solo on a motorcycle, finished with some small number of broken bones. Good stuff.

I am sad for anyone who did not see this in the theater.

The one shot where they are showing the trophy trucks making the 1st turn out of ensenada when they are putting so much power down that they are actually lifting a tire off the ground gave me goosebumps, and still does just thinking about it.

That DVD is #1 on my christmas list.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Yeah, watching the dude hop off the trail onto the beach where he lights it up at 110mph and then jumps back onto the "course" 10 seconds behind the leader was my hightlight.

Or perhaps the dude who looses his lights in the middle of the night and his pit crew tells him, "Well man, just trust your GPS and go for it!) and the night vision camara catches the dude tromping through cactus and bushes just hammering it... :bowdown:

Madmatt- that dude "mouse" had busted ribs, a broken finger and wrist, and a busted headlight and paced the next racer (so he could use his light) at 100mph with a broken wrist! Insane!

One of the coolest man movies ever IMHO.

Drew

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Gee, I'm gonna hafta pick that one up. It features one of my fav motorcycles too of course, a Honda XR650R Baja-killer.

Very much like the one in my garage, except for the piston and cam!:headbang: