• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Drive Like A Girl Day

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We had a great day and amazing turnout for ladies driver's day. We had seven badass drivers come out. I lead my first trail making this my second trail as driver. Big thank you's to eveyones support.

We started with Deer Creek and worked our way to St. John's. Sadly no mountain goats. The weather was perfect. Allowing us to enjoy the views the whole trip.

We took one wrong off shoot trail. It had us a little off camber but we all got back to the main trail safely. The hill climbs had the right amount challenge for the group. Everyone finished with smiles. Cannot wait to do another ladies trip! Thank you to everyone who came out today, you guys made it awesome.

@DomOfTheDead will follow up with pictures.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG
DSC_0076.JPG
DSC_0096.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0140.JPG
DSC_0153.JPG
DSC_0155.JPG
DSC_0157.JPG
DSC_0173.JPG
DSC_0174.JPG
DSC_0177.JPG
DSC_0179.JPG
DSC_0200.JPG
DSC_0234.JPG
DSC_0249.JPG
DSC_0268.JPG
DSC_0281.JPG

joltman

Rising Sun Member
It was loads of fun out there today! Thanks for organizing this, @Yarn Runner ! My wife, Valerie loved it and so did our little dude. I've got tons of pictures to sort through, but I'll try to post some up this weekend.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Great day on the trail. Thanks to all involved @Yarn Runner for getting this together. @MeatPopsicle @nate0331CO @On the RX @joltman @J1000. Big credit to drivers for keeping a steady pace through the trail and maintaining smiles through sketchy shelf roads. Thanks to @bassguyry for being that one guy and being an expert tailgunner. Looking forward to the next one😄
DSC_0290.JPG
DSC_0303.JPG
DSC_0310.JPG
DSC_0320.JPG
DSC_0328.JPG

DSC_0336.JPG
DSC_0341.JPG

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
We had a blast today! Thank you @Yarn Runner for this great idea. Marshé was super nervous this morning and very stoked that she did it at the end! All drivers did very well. Everyone drove like seasoned drivers and you all may have been, Marshé was not and as her first run in colorado, she drove like she was seasoned... minus a few white knuckles here and there!

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
This is awesome!

joltman

Rising Sun Member
Here are some highlights from our camera. We had a great time and we're looking forward to another trip!

DSCN2229.JPG

DSCN2233.JPG

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2296.jpg

PXL_20210904_164411483.MP.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2229.JPG
    DSCN2229.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 134

DanS

Rising Sun Member
I love all the pictures! Keep posted we are currently in the works for another ladies day sometime this month. We will get that posted ASAP. Dom and I had so much fun we have to go again.
Definitely do! If the new suspension arrives and I have time to install it, I'll bet I can talk Nancy into joining you if she doesn't have to work!

Dan

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We are currently in the works for another ladies day sometime this month. We will get that posted ASAP.
Great pictures, awesome trip. Finally got the exhaust issues squared away, and had to nurse a dying battery. Disappointed we missed all the fun. That said, we'll get it sorted, and keep an ear to the ground for the next one. Sara and I look forward to it!

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
So Awesome! Thanks @Yarn Runner for organizing and leading it.
My ladies were out of town this weekend, guess I shoulda jumped in with Ryland in the boys truck, looks like it was a great day out with RS.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Killer day on the trails! Tons of thanks to @Yarn Runner for organizing everything, and still allowing me to attend, despite my wife's absence. @AimCOTaco, my truck was less of a "boys truck" and more of a "time-out" truck for unruly male passengers; the most frequent visitor was @DomOfTheDead, because he can't read a map. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4822.JPG

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Lisa was pretty bummed to miss this.