• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Dome Plateau overlook gate

NYCO

FYI for those leading Dome, the normal overlook spot now has a gate preventing access to the lower parking/lunch spot. the upper parking area is still available, but there is no longer access to the lower section.
20230402_132452.jpg

NYCO

What the actual .....?
exactly... sad to see that access closed. there's a walking path down from the upper parking. clear signs saying no vehicles there as well. decent amount of space still to fit some vehicles for a lunch and walk down... much less than previous with the lower access and upper. groups of 10 or more will get pretty tight though.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Wow that's wild! I'm glad you pre-ran it because it will be a challenge to accommodate the group size plus other users with the lower section not open to vehicles.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Dang. I ran Dome last week but skipped the overlook due to time constraints. Why the heck would they do that? And who? I am leading Dome at cm, how many rigs we have signed up?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Dang. I ran Dome last week but skipped the overlook due to time constraints. Why the heck would they do that? And who? I am leading Dome at cm, how many rigs we have signed up?
Right now there are only 5 people total signed up for your run.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Wow! That sucks. Glad we’re able to get some hero shots over the years. I was getting tired of having to jockey trucks around people camping there.