do I need a new thermostat?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
Curious, does it have the ports on the underside of the cowl for defrost?

With the advent of cooler weather in the USA, this topic has come up on the LCML recently.

It does now but no, it didn't. Original windshield had the screw vent but no ducts and the cowl was solid as was the rubber weatherstrip.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
Different years have different controls. I don't think the earlier years had defrosters, did they?

My '76 had a defrost position and it worked just fine (after Ron at RMC rounded me up some tubes and put them in it did any anyway :) ). My '74 has an aftermarket Mojave heater and I don't think it has anything other than on and off, straight out heat. Not sure this helped but :confused:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Uncle Ben said:
It does now but no, it didn't. Original windshield had the screw vent but no ducts and the cowl was solid as was the rubber weatherstrip.

huh. I have ducts in mine. Did they add those as dealer install when they put in heaters? I always thought they were there and if you wanted a heater they just hooked up the hose....

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
wesintl said:
huh. I have ducts in mine. Did they add those as dealer install when they put in heaters? I always thought they were there and if you wanted a heater they just hooked up the hose....
No idea! I know my 64 was as basic as they come. Convertible, no heater, only accessory was the wipers. BTW....Mine is titled a 65 but brass tagged 64