• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

DIY floor jack in the field

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Super cool idea with the shovel mount too. That's the only feature I think is lacking on the badlands jack. Wonder if there's a way to install one of those without modifying my jack.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
This idea makes sense.
I carry a floor jack like that in my truck because it's the only thing that can lift my truck high enough to actually do anything.
But my biggest complaint is the tiny little metal wheels in the dirt/gravel.
I might try this this spring and run it this summer and see what I think.
Some changes I might make; One would be to drill holes near the corners to be able to drive large steel tent stakes into the ground through. That way if you have a sketchy/slippery situation, you can help anchor it down. And two, I think I'd put a 1/2" thick plastic plate under it as well to assist in sliding and also grabbing rocks/gravel under pressure.

Last edited: