• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Dec. 1, 2021 RS Meeting + Holiday Party - new location!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I will change my food bring to bread rolls, seems like we have plenty of desserts

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
We'd love to be there, esp to tick off the "attend a RS meeting" requirement for our RS membership but we've both been under the weather a few days now. If this sore throat goes away, however, we might drive up, throw our money and app out the window and drive off :oops:

not really, but maybe ;)
It's a good call. There will be more opportunities.
We had the sore throat make a hot lap around our house and I personally had it for the better part of last week.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
I am last minute planner cause wasn’t sure based on my and Hannah’s relative risk…

Have a nice gift to bring that I have pieced together
A little toy Toyota starter kit and JDM wrenches and nice box

Will see you all there
Will hope to not eat too much food as we are eating ahead of time

D62DB9F7-E94C-4CD7-9319-B08489C84AB9.jpeg

denvermike

Rock Stacker
Bummer to miss the gift swap and meats. Will try to attend next one.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeeha! Thanks to all who were able to join us last night.

I was blown away by the giant food spread and gift exchange pile. Way to bring it Rising Sun, ATC, and SLEE!!

Does anybody like that spot for some upcoming meetings? Feedback seemed very positive last night in general.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeeha! Thanks to all who were able to join us last night.

I was blown away by the giant food spread and gift exchange pile. Way to bring it Rising Sun, ATC, and SLEE!!

Does anybody like that spot for some upcoming meetings? Feedback seemed very positive last night in general.
I liked the spot. Definitely a good alternative to Stevenson's

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I ended up working late and wasn't able to go, obviously.
So I'm curious who has the calendars and how i can pick mine up... I though they were going to be there for pick up. Maybe I was wrong.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
So I'm curious who has the calendars and how i can pick mine up... I though they were going to be there for pick up. Maybe I was wrong.
@RayRay27 had a bunch. Not sure if he had all of them though.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
They were there for pick up, but you weren't there to pick yours up Travis. :hill:

I have them at my place for now in Evergreen Meadows. PM me and we can work out a hand off.

To Andy's question, I think that it's a great place for meetings. Better than Stevenson by far. The only drawback I saw was the lack of cell service/internet.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Crap, I missed the calendar for Boulder Toyota. I liked the location, nice place and parking lot that we can all gather in. Nice small covered outdoor space for gathering as well as a decent indoor space.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I just bought 16lbs of pork butt to smoke for pulled pork, and 48 buns. Hope that is enough for everyone.
Damn the pork was epic!! What temp did you pull it off the smoker at? It was peeeerrfect!!! Wouldn’t have gone any longer or shorter on it.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Damn the pork was epic!! What temp did you pull it off the smoker at? It was peeeerrfect!!! Wouldn’t have gone any longer or shorter on it.
204F

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
Unbelievable food spread. Pork was perfect and everything else wonderful too.
Place worked well and they were happy with how we left it.

They are waiting on starlink for internet eta keeps moving out. Now March

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Crap, I missed the calendar for Boulder Toyota. I liked the location, nice place and parking lot that we can all gather in. Nice small covered outdoor space for gathering as well as a decent indoor space.
I can mail it. I havent gone to the Post Office. Remind me of Jerry's last name?

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Yup. That sounds about right 203-206. A lot of what makes good pulled pork is understanding when to wrap it if you do wrap it, and also if you mop it. I really enjoy doing South Carolina pulled pork. Sad that I missed yours!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I can mail it. I havent gone to the Post Office. Remind me of Jerry's last name?
Jerry Ekberg. Thanks and sorry again for missing the pickup

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yup. That sounds about right 203-206. A lot of what makes good pulled pork is understanding when to wrap it if you do wrap it, and also if you mop it. I really enjoy doing South Carolina pulled pork. Sad that I missed yours!
Everybody certainly has their own numbers/technique/etc ;)

Damon it was great, kudos!

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Agree
That spread was epic particularly the pork
Good to see all these people both old and new
And I blame Chase for my personal relative inebriation level cause I have to blame someone other than me…

Super fun and wish I could have contributed more to the potluck but I was super last minute and was stoked to make it and see all the people

I love that venue too
All about using that in the future