CV Axle question

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
1,080
Location
West Denver
I am getting ready to do some work on my Wife's 4Runner and I have a bunch of spare axles and I know one of them is off her truck. My question is are the CV's the same for both the 3rd and 4th gen runners? I can't find any difference between the 4 I have as spares unless I stashed the 4 gen shaft somewhere in my garage and haven't found it.
 

Notyourmomslx450

GIG 'EM GILL
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
4,443
Location
Westminster
web says no and i know i've heard this in conversations as well
1790875118716.png
 

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
1,080
Location
West Denver
Thank you Andy, just what I was looking for. I tried looking at both Stevinson and the Decator websites and neither one showes a part # for the CV axle it's self. They have a axle part # for the 3rd gen. So I must have another CV axle hiding in my garage somewhere that i can't find for our 4th gen.
 
Back
Top