• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cruise Moab Pics

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Don't see a thread just for pics, so here's a couple from Goldbar. I'll be putting a quick DVD together for Goldbar,Wipeout and Fins. Thanks to all for letting me tag along. Driving Fins w/the tent up top was lots of fun. Gotta get bigger tires.:)

Attachments

• moab1.jpg
    moab1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,311
  • moab2.jpg
    moab2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,304

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Good to meet you and put a face to the name.

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Good to see you again Chad on a more social occasion, Thanks for the ladder, It will come in handy.
Here are a few, the first from Kane Creek road(mine), The rest from Hells Revenge....
487138352_d7cd57cce9_o.jpg

487138404_9a58b4cbe4_o.jpg

487187613_a691da7b2a_o.jpg

487187615_fb66e059ee_o.jpg

487138394_32f2d97374_o.jpg

487187625_8f0bb568fa_o.jpg

487138360_a33cd5758e_o.jpg

487138388_219c8d278e_o.jpg

487187633_f174bf8bbf_o.jpg

Have fun.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
in the pic of the three guys at the ledge, it looks like they're peeing off the ledge. ;)

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
This is a cool shot. Looks like it belongs in the sales brochure. :D

Attachments

• FJ Cruiser CM07.jpg
    FJ Cruiser CM07.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,154

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I like the vid of the guy getting shot out of the 75. Forgot to mention it was a pleasure meeting everyone (and annoying a few as well). I'd like to do a multi-day back country trip out there w/the fam and a bud or two next year. I won't be staying in Slickrock again. :(

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Forgot to mention it was a pleasure meeting everyone (and annoying a few as well).

Not sure what this means. Did we annoy you, or did you annoy us?? :confused:

Jenny Cruiser said:
I won't be staying in Slickrock again. :(

Why? I know there are several issues. Just curious as to which issues will keep you away from Slickrock.

I personally HATE the cottonwood crap. I do enjoy having most everyone at one big facility.

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Sorry to Bogart Chads thread.....but...

corsair23 said:
I like the one of the Subaru getting towed across...Great footage
Gotta hand it to you CO people, You certainly know when you need a strap :lmao: The guy didnt want to ride in his own vehicle as I pulled i through, He had his friend do it, I told him he should turn off the vehicle before so we dont hydrolock it, He said "what?"

nuclearlemon said:
in the pic of the three guys at the ledge, it looks like they're peeing off the ledge.
You are the 3rd person to mention that, They were watching a Disco go up Hells Gate, Notice the weather change a-brooin across the way.

Shark Bait said:
This is a cool shot. Looks like it belongs in the sales brochure.
I like this pic as well, some WC guys said we should sell it to Toyota...However I have no idea how that would work?

Chad, It was nice to see you again, Thanks for the ladder :thumb: and for letting me horn in on your thread :cheers:

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Not sure what this means. Did we annoy you, or did you annoy us?? :confused:

Why? I know there are several issues. Just curious as to which issues will keep you away from Slickrock.

I wasn't annoyed by anyone. I'm pretty clueless at times and half the time I wasn't sure who was where. Without getting specific, I'll just say I thought it was fun to watch a couple of folks twist themselves into knots for whatever reason.

I'm not a fan of the whole campground scene. One of the things I enjoy most about the Cruiser/RTT is the ability to get away and camp in places where there are no people. I have a habit of flinging arrows and throwing lead to pass the time whenever possible. :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Here's me going back up to the road on Cliffhanger. (Romer commentary... :))

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Chad, It was nice to see you again, Thanks for the ladder :thumb: and for letting me horn in on your thread :cheers:

It was good seeing you and Jason again as well. The new ladders are a lot better than the old ones. Thanks again.

:cheers:

Chad

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Sweet video, Ken and Tim!

What is the drop on the other side? Are you exposed there... as Ken said you made it look easy.

Thanks for sharing!

Drew

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Sweet video, Ken and Tim!

What is the drop on the other side? Are you exposed there... as Ken said you made it look easy.

Thanks for sharing!

Drew

From the other thread, here's Hants going down the same obstacle. Different line going up though..

Attachments

• hants_cliffhanger2.jpg
    hants_cliffhanger2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 641

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ben's in every shot.. :)

ok last one, here we are going up the shelf road obstacle towards the end of Kane Creek.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Sweet, were there a lot of the Car-top-tents there or is Ben in every shot?

Drew

There were four or five including one other new style mounted on a trailer. Prolly at least as many that were other makes. :)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Ben's in every shot.. :)

ok last one, here we are going up the shelf road obstacle towards the end of Kane Creek.
On Squishy's and my pre-run, I tried it without the stacked rocks. No es possible con El Chili Rojo. Not without a lot of pucker as my wheel slipped toward the hole and she went 30*, at least.

So we stacked more rocks. You're welcome.:lmao:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Chicken Corner

This why it's called Chicken Corner. If you don't walk the corner (legend has it that the original young Morman couple did it on horseback), then you're a Chicken!

Attachments

• ChickenCorner01640.jpg
    ChickenCorner01640.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 621