Cruise Moab: Drive like a Girl! Fins n things 4/30/22

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
That's awesome, thank you! I wanted to go to the brunch but I was sick. So thank you for spreading the word.
Hope you feel better soon! No problem! Anything I can do to help spread the love in our community!

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Hi, there!
I’m new on the block. 🤗
I’ve heard about the event and decided to drive solo all the way from Vancouver, Canada to join! Was a bit hesitant in the beginning, but then found this thread and now feel like maybe I won’t be alone!
I did my first run solo, as in all by my lonesome ... because I somehow missed the memo that partners and dogs were also allowed, haha. But everyone was super friendly and helpful, so much so that I'm planning another one solo with zero hesitation. You definitely won't be alone. 😊

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi, there!
I’m new on the block. 🤗
I’ve heard about the event and decided to drive solo all the way from Vancouver, Canada to join! Was a bit hesitant in the beginning, but then found this thread and now feel like maybe I won’t be alone!
Did you get registered?

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I did my first run solo, as in all by my lonesome ... because I somehow missed the memo that partners and dogs were also allowed, haha. But everyone was super friendly and helpful, so much so that I'm planning another one solo with zero hesitation. You definitely won't be alone. 😊
Yes, glad you got to register! We are so stoked to have you join us on another run. Once back at camp, an amazing bartender.

Planner1

Rising Sun Member
Hey everyone,
This is a general notification about the first Drive like a Girl! Trail run of 2022 will be part of Cruise Moab 2022.

On Saturday April 30 we will be running both halves of the Fins N Things trail in the Sand flats recreation area. Your trail leader will be me @Yarn Runner and @NotyourmomsWife tailgunning

Cruise Moab is a wonderful event and we are excited to be a part. We are hoping we get a strong turn out and have an epic trail day!

We would love to see some new faces and old friends like @Duchess @SaintAgatha @MeatPopsicle @On the RX. &Marshe' @MonPetiteShoe & Sara @KC Masterpiece & Amber @AimCOTaco & Sally & Devon
@VoodooBlue_Vixen @Inukshuk & Anna
@jps8460 and Megan
And any lady interested in join us!
Sign up for the Cruise Moab event and be ready to select this trail when trail selection happens
Hoping some people who are registered cancel as we are on the wait list for CruiseMoab 😟

Planner1

Rising Sun Member
If anyone has space for someone to ride along, I am interested. Will be in Moab, but didn’t get registered before Cruise Moab was full.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
This should be a fun trail and its the one I taught both my daughters to drive on before they had their licenses. We have been wheeling together ever since and they both have built cruisers even though they are now married and in their 30's. In fact, my oldest Rachel will be gunning this trail while I lead it on Saturday an hour before this run starts You all should try and connect with her during the event. Look for her green GX470. The picture below is her doing Kenny's climb near the end of Fins

My youngest daughter Sarah would be coming but she just had her second child and wasn't quite ready to be on the trail all day.

Even though my wife doesn't like going wheeling, we did get her to drive this trail I think in 2007 and she had fun. Sarah guilted her into it.

If Drive like a girl means driving like they do, then that would be some of the best drivers in the club. Over the years they have put me and most of the old timers here to shame.

You all will have fun. This is still my favorite trail in Moab
1646539572280.png

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Romer sorry for late reply and thank you for the kind words. I will see if we can connect in some way!

One of the things that @DomOfTheDead and I love about this club, is the acceptance. I feel incredibly supported and my own person as well as a spouse of a member.

The club has been very encouraging about Drive Like a Girl Day! I love it. When settling on a title for the run, I wanted it to be fun and sassy. In a lot of ways I wanted to take up some space in the club. Also something that might take some of the pressure off, so to speak. I want to encourage more women to come drive on runs. That the atmosphere is low pressure, all about learning and having fun.

I attended the recovery training class with Bill Burke and will be attending the trail leader class in a couple weeks. While I was very outside my limit for this past class, I learned a lot. With the help of Dom and a few other people, I want to incorporate recovery training into future Drive Like a Girl Days.

I can't wait for Cruise Moab and all the trails, but this one is the one I am looking forward to the most.