Cruise Moab 2022 Trail leaders and gunners!

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Like some others I am a relative newb to moab, but willing to help gun some stuff

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Put me down to lead one day. It doesn't matter what, nor does it matter what day as long as it's not too hardcore.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Put me down to lead one day. It doesn't matter what, nor does it matter what day as long as it's not too hardcore.
Oh dang! This means the swap is nearing competition...... or the C10 got a tcase and SFA.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Oh dang! This means the swap is nearing competition...... or the C10 got a tcase and SFA.
It’s getting there. I need deadlines to keep me motivated. 😉

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
we ran Steel Bender in 2018 and I think it is much harder than a 6. It is definitely harder than Metal Masher

It didnt use to be. Here is a comparison between 2008 and 2018. Likely worse now. The 80 dragged its hole rear end down

The areas after this have some difficult spots as well. I think this should be a 7 vs a 6

Steele Bender 10 years apart.jpg

Here you can see how deep it has become with people standing in it. Matt and I went around and it was very tippy
DSC02421.JPG
DSC02423.JPG

DSC02429.JPG

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
we ran Steele Bender in 2018 and I think it is much harder than a 6. It is definitely harder than Metal Masher

It didnt use to be. Here is a comparison between 2008 and 2018. Likely worse now. The 80 dragged its hole rear end down

The areas after this have some difficult spots as well. I think this should be a 7 vs a 6

View attachment 101309

Here you can see how deep it has become with people standing in it. Matt and I went around and it was very tippy
View attachment 101310View attachment 101311
View attachment 101312

Agreed Ken. I ran it in my 100 a few years back then ran it on my dirt bike more recently, and it was quite challenging especially with any water on it like last time. I think 7 is the right rating instead of a 6.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Agreed Ken. I ran it in my 100 a few years back then ran it on my dirt bike more recently, and it was quite challenging especially with any water on it like last time. I think 7 is the right rating instead of a 6.
The reason I am posting this is when Matt led and I gunned it in 2018, half the group saw that and turned around and went back on their own. Fortunately Rachel was with them and she led them out

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
Agree with Steel Bender. There has off an on been a go around but it is not allowed and we should not plan on it being used.
Love the trail but this spot and the one just below it can sometimes be tough. We should at a minimum show these pictures when people sign up.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
The reason I am posting this is when Matt led and I gunned it in 2018, half the group saw that and turned around and went back on their own. Fortunately Rachel was with them and she led them out
Heck - we even turned around last March when pre-running. Dragon's tail and the spot just below are no joke. @Romer those 2008 - 18 pictures are amazing.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
I don't want to scare people about Steel Bender. Other than a couple obstacles right here its great . Upper portion as a loop that's pretty easy but short. Lower is nice out and back with some tough optional sections. I have done this several times in my Jeep and SxS just not yet in LC.
This obstacle would not be so bad if it wasn't on the top of a tall hill The drop off is 20 feet away from where your truck should be but still the combination of a tough obstacle and a large fall close by freaks many people out I have taken there and they decide to turn around.

Bub

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I would like to lead Chicken Corners again. I had a fun time with the group. Most new to the experience and willing to learn.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Chessman, if I can get a vehicle to Moab one way or another I'll tail for you on 7 mile.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I can do ehill if needed.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Lisa and i will get the finalized list posted here some time soon.
Still got a lot of names to sort through!

Thanks all for being so pro active on volunteering to lead and gun!
We have almost every trail covered already!!

:risingsun and Wasatch Cruisers too!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I'm coming this year. I'd be happy to lead something you think I could do in my GX.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I’d gun a few trails. Wes if u want me to gun e hill I’d do it. If the fam shows up I may have to change that but they may not. Also wipe out hill for Nak