• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cruise Moab 2021 Trail Leader Training - Bill Burke

Hants

Rising Sun Member
2:30 ish tomorrow at Slee? If so, that works well for me.

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
we can be organized
Yes I think we can definitely be organized!!

I've gotten two inputs otherwise. We could meet at the dino lots at 2pm tomorrow, or at Slee at 2pm tomorrow (if it's acceptable).

I'm in favor of the dino lots if I had to pick. Is the dino lots at 2pm good with folks interested in caravanning tomorrow?

Allen

P.S. I'll have pumpkin spice mead and aerospace job news to share :D

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Don’t know the Dino lots... my rig knows how to get to Slee by itself (feels like he drives up there every few weeks).

No strong preference either way - wherever the group is coalescing.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Dino lots

1615501657086.png

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
So with inputs from several sources, I'll keep to the initial plan: head to Slee around 2ish so we could leave around 230ish.

I talked with a few people. It seems Slee at 2ish (leaving 230ish) is the best rally point and time for a caravan tomorrow.

Sorry if I confused the matter. Hope this is good for folks. If anyone would like my contact info PM me. I'll be tuned to 146.460.

Jackson I hope it's alright to gather there. I don't mean to offer Slee's parking lot as a gathering spot unless it's cool. I figure it is, but idk.

Allen

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
So with inputs from several sources, I'll keep to the initial plan: head to Slee around 2ish so we could leave around 230ish.

I talked with a few people. It seems Slee at 2ish (leaving 230ish) is the best rally point and time for a caravan tomorrow.

Sorry if I confused the matter. Hope this is good for folks. If anyone would like my contact info PM me. I'll be tuned to 146.460.

Jackson I hope it's alright to gather there. I don't mean to offer Slee's parking lot as a gathering spot unless it's cool. I figure it is, but idk.

Allen

Always welcome to gather at the Slee parking lot :). See ya tomorrow.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I don't think that I am going to be able to make this trip. I was planning to be home on Sunday for a treatment I need to give my cat with kidney disease. I don't see how that will be possible with large snow storm rolling in. I just wasn't expecting the snow storm to get likely to get stronger. Grrr....

Whoever is next up can have my spot for free.

I was giving a ride to Justin to/from Grand Junction. Can anyone help me out and give him a ride?

Hants

Rising Sun Member
If he can get to Slee, I’m happy to have a passenger.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
If he can get to Slee, I’m happy to have a passenger.
Cool. Thanks for your help with this. Allen has also been kind enough to offer up a passenger seat and a complementary lesson in how to speak Romanian. Let me touch base with Justin and I will post up here.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
It's clear (sunny, blue sky) and mid-40s at the moment here in town. It's actually been decent and dry the past two days so most things have dried out fine from that little burst we had Tuesday or whenever that was. They're still predicting the storm to roll in tonight and have it at 80% chance tomorrow for rain/snow so who knows. It does look like the moisture is hung up on the Uncompaghre so it could still push in but it's sounds more sloppy than accumulating until you get up on the Mesa or past Debeque.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hi all. I know we are all monitoring the forecasts. I'm staying on the west slope all next week so I'm not thinking of myself for the Sunday drive home.

1. I think we'll all be find driving out today (BUT NOTE this post on the CDOT FB Page:

🚫
I-70 westbound at Dumont is CLOSED
🚫
-
⚠️
UPDATE - 10:25 a.m. 3/12 - One lane of traffic is open but backups are about 12 miles to the east side of Floyd Hill. Travel is expected to be two hours or longer from Denver to the Eisenhower Tunnel. These heavy delays are expected to last through the afternoon. Alternate routes are advised but please be aware that heavy delays are also expected on alternate routes. Please check conditions on cotrip.org BEFORE you travel.
8:40 a.m. - Westbound I-70 at Dumont (Mile Point 235) is CLOSED due to a jackknifed semi and hazmat spill. All traffic is being diverted off westbound I-70. Backups are already lengthy and this closure is expected to be long term due to the hazmat spill. Motorists are urged to avoid the area.
This crash was not weather related. But, please prepare for major impacts to travel due to the incoming storm starting tonight and lasting through Sunday-and possibly beyond. If you absolutely need to make essential travel during the storm, be prepared for road closures and severe conditions on roads that are open. Carry emergency supplies, food and water, and ensure your vehicle is equipped for the conditions. #KnowBeforeYouGo

2. Sunday we'll be sure to talk openly about road conditions and monitor https://www.cotrip.org/map.htm#/roadConditions together. Understand that based on forecasst there is a real possibility of delays or impassibility home on Sunday afternoon/evening/night. We just don't know.

Follow all winter travel precautions. Don't let the gas tank get too low. Carry extra fuel if you can do so safely and outside the vehicle. Have warm clothes and a sleeping bag in case you need to spend a night in your truck.

Personally, unless the road is closed, I love this stuff!

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
IDK, but I got my chains. Murphy's law, right?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Anna and I hope to get out sooner and stop at Blue Moon Bakery in Dillon. May meet up with y'all along the highway. Otherwise tell me where happy hour is tonight!

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
We will probably run into you guys going through Dillon from breck. Maybe.

2wheelbob

Wincher
Does anyone know off hand the address of the Masonic temple for the meetup tomorrow? Just checked in here and have some time to kill so I figured I’d prerun it. Drive safe everyone!

Hants

Rising Sun Member
@Danger Noodle Going to be coming up the back way from Colorado Springs. Planning to meet people in Dillon.

What time are you leaving, and what is your route? Happy to meet at an intermediate spot, if you’ll be taking 24 or 9.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
shows 70 is cleared up