• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cruise Moab 2021 Trail Leader Training - Bill Burke

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
March 13th and14th in Grand Junction

***** new 2/22*****

0830 at Masonic Lodge rear parking lot in Grand Junction. Have chairs etc. I will try to secure the big room for Sat morning.
Classroom session - parking lot talks etc. Dress for weather, have lunches, snacks, water for the day.
We could have a BBQ at my place end of Saturday BYOF/B if folks want that.
Covid. Masks required in the Masonic Lodge and for close quarter scenario skill work. Social distance outdoors required.

for tail leadership training with Bill Burke. We'll be looking at 8 trucks with a max of 2 passengers each. Preference will be given to RS members and Wasatch members ( @FZJ Dave ) for the first 30days, then we'll open it up to everyone else.

This event is two fold. 1st - improve the skills of current trail leaders and folks that are thinking about taking the dive.
2nd - obtain new trail leaders with the incentives that go along with this training.

That being said, each day you lead a trail at CM2021 you'll be reimbursed 1/3 of the cost of the training (excluding transportation, lodging and food). So, lead trails for 3 days, and the training will be free :).

It's good info and good training whether you've been wheeling for 20 days or 20 years. You'll rarely find this training this cheap. a single day alone with Bill is a minimum of $1250.

One of the many quotes from previous training's with Bill,
"The first session was so full of high quality information that I would consider doing it again for a refresh and I'm 100% sure I would pick up a few more things.

For me the knowledge gained has been a huge boost in both my abilities and confidence as a trail leader. I've also had a handful of drivers thank me for sharing specific tips that I would have been very unlikely to pickup otherwise and I owe Bill a lot of gratitude for that.

One of my favorite things about training with Bill is you pretty much never get a "because I said so" or "that's just the way it is" but rather he can always explain the "WHY" in as much technical detail as you can handle and for me that is the definition of a competent master in their field.

I encourage every driver to jump at this opportunity!
"

Driving during this event is not necessary to learn ... at all.

It's $2200 total for training and will be split evenly across The people who are going. Once we iron out the details, we can identify the deposit requirements.

If you're throwing your name in the hat, identify weather you'd prefer to be a driver or passenger.

There will be more details as we get closer to the date.

Cheers!

Participant List - The total cost will be split evenly among those going.

Post up to reserve your spot, include a brief summary of what you'd expect to learn at this event.

*****NEW

Ok Folks, now is the time to commit to training! wahoo! Please pay by Feb 1st 2021. After 2/1 this will be non-refundable

PayPal Me Here
. https://paypal.me/JacksonPhilby?locale.x=en_US

Total is $137.50, please send it friends and family or add in the applicable fee's (~5%). If you are paying with cash or check please get it to me by the 1st. PM me for address. Please put your First and Last Name and those you are paying for in the paypal message.

Post up when you have paid!!

Covid Rules, social distancing, all of that stuff

List

1. Sean F. - D - Paid
2. Danger Noodle Paid
3. Dan M. D or P Paid
4. @2wheelbob paid
5. Chase - D or P paid
6. Bob - D paid
7. Dave - D Paid
8. Justin - P Paid
9. Ryan - D or P Paid
10. Angelo - D or P Paid
11. Trail boss Tom - Driver paid
12. Hants - D Paid
13. Robert G - D or P Paid
14. Danger noodle passenger paid
15.Dave card - P paid
16. Domofthedead

Waitlist
1. Jeremy WC
2. Mike Derrik
3. Aaron M

I’m happy to bump my spot to make room. If you’re marked “D or P” it just means you need to get to Grand Junction and we’ll sort it out then.

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Take my $137.50! Trail leading is my thing. Can drive or be passenger, whatever the group needs.

I have done this class before and if it makes sense for my to give up my spot later I am willing to do so. Some old guard CM leader stories can be fun though.

I'd expect to learn how to share my knowledge with the newer leaders, how to be better in areas I did not know how crappy I am, and learn about amazing RS and Wasatch members who just love to support our community,

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Mark me down for two. Marshé and I need some schoolin'. That would be a driver and passenger.

Last edited:

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I’m in. Happy to ride with someone or bring my truck if someone wants to come along and do the driving. Some of the best time and money spent each year!

BC9392

Rising Sun Member
I'm in as a driver. Will not have a passenger but open to someone riding along.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I am totally in for this! I needs some recovery schoolin. Look at what happened at my last recovery! (Language warning for the video) Maybe Bill can explain what the hell I did wrong...

Last edited:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
@Ann and I are in as drivers or passengers. I can't go to CM in 21 but Ann is going.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I would like to be in as a Driver. I would expect to learn the proper way to do a trail lead.

Thanks,
Angelo

FZJ Dave

Trailboss Tom from Wasatch Cruisers wants in as a driver with a passenger.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
I'm in. Planning to bring my rig and happy to carry a passenger (and let them drive).

Looking to refresh my skilz... been out with Bill privately a couple times.

New rig and haven't been to CM in a while - looking to get back into the game. :)

FZJ Dave

Robert Gardner (RGG) from the Wasatch Cruisers would like to attend as a driver. If the truck spots are full, he will attend as a passenger.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ok awesome guys!

I’ll post up a PayPal address in mid January.

We’ll have a non-refundable deposit requirement. Probably $40-50.

This is not Bills requirement, it will be mine in order to guarantee your spot. If you have to bail, your deposit will be tacked on at the end as a tip lol.

Excited to see this fill up so quickly. We’re goi g to have a great time!!

FZJ Dave

Trailboss Tom will be a driver +1 for a passenger. It will be Dave and Tom Card.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

FZJ Dave

Not me. Dave Card and Tom Card.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Copy that! So we’re filled up. Wahoo!

Let’s start a waitlist. If I need to I’m happy to give up my spot.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
I may be interested as a driver or passenger. Put me down, but I'll need to think about it.