• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cruise Moab 2021 registration

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Any word on when the 2020 registrants will be able to sign up?
If you were registered last year you should have received an email with details. If you didn't receive the email, you should pm @Hulk.

PS Check your junk mail. :hill:

ddelong6767

Lifted
Nothing in my inbox or spam folder...

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

BC9392

Rising Sun Member
So wouldn't it be a good idea to post what the dates of cruise moab are?
If it's in this post i am blind and I did not see it when registering.
I have on my calendar April 12-18
Please confirm.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Cruise Moab is scheduled for April 12-18, 2021​

Most people will show up on Wednesday, April 14th unless you are doing one of the early runs like Kokopelli.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
With the 250 person limit lifted, what will be the cutoff limit?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
With the 250 person limit lifted, what will be the cutoff limit?
Registration will be limited to 200. Registration is done by vehicle, not head count, so that will equate to roughly 300 to 400 people attending.

That said, we expect the event to sell out within 24 hours after we open registration to the broad general public on Wednesday.

T-Orca

Brand New
Registration will be limited to 200. Registration is done by vehicle, not head count, so that will equate to roughly 300 to 400 people attending.

That said, we expect the event to sell out within 24 hours after we open registration to the broad general public on Wednesday.
What time (MT) on Wednesday will the registration email be sent to general public?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
What time (MT) on Wednesday will the registration email be sent to general public?
I think Matt @Hulk needs to chime in on that point. He's the guy behind the curtain flipping the switches (aka The Wizard). :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Let's plan for 10 am MT

Is the trail selection still going to be on the Sched app like in 2019?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes, that is the plan.

LexTreks6

Brand New
Hey everyone, just wanted to give you an update regarding the timing of registration for Cruise Moab 2021. Because we're still dealing with a pandemic environment, the committee has made the decision to push registration as LATE as possible. We anticipate registration to open no earlier than Feb. 1st and no later than Feb. 15th.

We are monitoring local requirements for holding our event. Right now, our plan is:
  • a smaller event with fewer registration slots than normal years.
  • no event dinner on Friday night
  • no vendor night inside the Old Spanish Trail arena. (2020 was supposed to be our first year for this -- let's hope for 2022). We may be able to allow a small number of vendors to set up outside on Thursday night. We're still exploring this.
  • limited merchandise options
  • a much smaller raffle or no raffle at all
Here are the things we're still planning:
  • Awesome trail runs with great trail leaders. All the trails are still open.
  • Kokopelli overnight run
  • San Rafael Swell run led by @cruiseroutfit
  • Possibly a Lockhart Basin overnight run
  • Camping at the Old Spanish Trail Arena. We are bringing in a shower trailer in addition to porta-potties. For the 2021 event, we are strongly encouraging everyone to camp at the event HQ. We want to recapture that Cruiserhead community that comes together when everyone stays in the same place.
  • An awesome event t-shirt and a few other small items
Registration announcements
  • We'll announce registration on the Rising Sun and Wasatch forums first.
  • Our regular vendors will get an early notice too.
  • The next group to be notified will be the folks on the Cruise Moab email list. Sign up for the list here if you are not on it.
  • It's likely that registration will be full at that point. We may not do any announcements on social media this year at all. So if you rely on Facebook or Instagram for your CM news, you might want to change your plan if you really want to attend CM this year.
Hi Matt,

I'm interested in joining....I was ready to roll over a year ago, then Covid hit. What's the protocol again? -Andy LexTrek6

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hi Matt,

I'm interested in joining....I was ready to roll over a year ago, then Covid hit. What's the protocol again? -Andy LexTrek6

Andy,
  • If you're interested in joining us for Cruise Moab this year, registration is open now. I recommend doing this soon -- we will likely close registration soon.
  • If you're going to Cruise Moab, you will need to be a TLCA member. Here's where to join.
  • If you're interested in joining Rising Sun (our local club based in the front range area of Colorado), here is how to do so. It is not necessary to be a Rising Sun member to attend Cruise Moab.
Best, Matt

drpow

I really have to commend you Matt, and all the team involved here! This was truly a herculean effort to pull this off this year. The light is clearly at the end of the tunnel now. You guys rock!

Mark

T-Orca

Brand New
FYI I just notice on Recreation.gov, April 17th is free entrance at National Parks, which includes: Canyonlands & Arches NP's.
This should not effect Cruise Moab...but if you are planning to visit Arches on your own, Saturday the 17th will allow you free entrance, but might be more congested/crowded due to the waived entrance fee.

Free Entrance Days​

Fees are waived at Canyonlands National Park on the following days:
  • Apr 17, 2021: First day of National Park Week

Fees are waived at Arches National Park on the following days:
  • Apr 17, 2021: First Day of National Park Week/National Junior Ranger Day

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
but might be more congested/crowded due to the waived entrance fee.
It's hard to imagine Arches NP being any more crowded. This was typical of weekend days in 2020 over there.

121008747_10220442353022631_3915196580982173342_o.jpg121009245_10220442353222636_1075311094721405728_o.jpg

maxpowerzz

Trail Ready