• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cruise Moab 2021: How'd it go for you?

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hope everyone's home safe who traveled for Cruise Moab last week.

If you were there, I'd really love to hear your stories, experiences, and opinions.

For now I'll just add that I'm real proud of what our club's committee under @Hulk s (Matt Farrs) leadership delivered.

Thanks All!

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I loved it. Destroyed an awning, smacked my bumpers quite a bit, camped in the wind and rain (finally relented and got a hotel room after a few nights...lol), but met some seriously awesome people, got to spend quality time with RS folks, saw some very cool rigs, and wheeled some badass trails.

I'll be back next year, and every year after that, for sure. :headbang:

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
It went great! It was a fun first Cruise Moab. I got cold though. I should have my top done by next year, though. Nothing broke, at least, and I got my heater fixed.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Once again, I am humbled to be a part of this club and its amazing group of members and associates. We had a great time and can't wait for the next CM.

We pre-ran the first half of Flat Iron mesa weds and then I rode shotgun w @J1000 for the Hells revenge night run. Thurs we led FIM and had some rain / graupel mix come down but still had a good time. Fri we ran dome plateau and Brandi drove her first moab trail! She is still getting used to the manual trans so big thanks to all the patient folks out on trail with us.

Huge thanks to the CM committee for putting this all together and to Midland for the radios.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
Once again, I am humbled to be a part of this club and its amazing group of members and associates. We had a great time and can't wait for the next CM.

We pre-ran the first half of Flat Iron mesa weds and then I rode shotgun w @J1000 for the Hells revenge night run. Thurs we led FIM and had some rain / graupel mix come down but still had a good time. Fri we ran dome plateau and Brandi drove her first moab trail! She is still getting used to the manual trans so big thanks to all the patient folks out on trail with us.

Huge thanks to the CM committee for putting this all together and to Midland for the radios.

Thursday was not okie dokie with no doors, top, or heater. Hells was a ton of fun though. Did you get any good pictures?

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Was my first CM and since I never experienced vendor night or the other stuff that was skipped; I never missed it! Had a great time as usual with the RS club. Really grateful to be apart of the club and participate in events like this. My wife finally figured out why people keep coming back every year, decade after decade and she already has a list of stuff we're doing next year.

It was so cool to get the Midland radios and since everyone got two I'm sure there will be lots of club runs this year where every single truck will have an FRS!

The rain was fine, snow even. But if you could turn down the wind for next year that would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Adam and I had a great time. It was our first Cruise Moab. We ran part of the Kokopelli trail starting in Rabbit Valley and then arrived in Moab Tuesday evening. Wednesday, my new friends Tim and Alicia (drove out from California) and Adam and I ran fins and things. Thursday we ran seven mile rim. We had to head home early Friday but we are looking forward to next year.
Thanks to everyone that made Cruise Moab happen this year!

Edit: next year I’m bringing my camper!

Last edited:

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Short answer: AMAZING!

This was my first CM. I would need a lot of mead or other libations to ever have a chance of forgetting it.

Spent a lot of great time on trails, hung out with friends, made new friends, burned a cord of wood (thank you Bill!), got unstuck on Rose Garden (thank you @Inukshuk) , had Milt's for the first time (thank you @Romer), and gunned & then lead my first trail on FnT! A lot of folks helped and made this last one, thank you Bill, @Inukshuk, @Romer, @Notyourmomslx450, and Mike (idk your handle, sorry).

This is while closing on my first house and prepping to move from CO to UT before April 26 to start a new job with a new company.

Oh and got some great stickers with cool stories to go with them! And a utilikilt (thank you @DomOfTheDead and Brandi)!!

I will never forget this week. Next time could tone down the fun and awesomeness?? Haha!

Many thanks to all who made it possible!
Allen

Last edited:

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
First, but not last CM, WOW.
The Kokopelli run was quite an introduction and a trip I would do again, great people and rigs. Trail leader made this trip the best. Thanks Daniel, mid and gunner Allen and Bob, driving techniques, recoveries on several levels plus excellent spotting and communication. Top of the World fun and scary (suffering from severe Vertigo), Rose garden Hill descent, stalling 3-4 times, loosing brakes and steering as result was quite a challenge. There was some apprehension among some of us in the group. 😎
Porcupine Rim, Rain and snow added to the excitement, John broke his rear axle and unfortunately ended his events. Recovered as no man was left behind by very caring and supportive crew.
FnT, well need to try again to complete (check engine light).
Hell's Revenge, no comments, just FUN with wheels on glue.

Great big thanks to the entire CM committee for a Job well done. 👍 Mike

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I thought the committee did an awesome job and the FRS radios worked out great and was a nice touch

The weather was sucky the first few days which changed my perspective of Matt Farr as a god like figure :) I now know he can't control the weather

For a larger event are we bringing in a toilet truck? That would be better than Port Potties is the only comment I have although it was nice to have one normal bathroom to use in the Arena

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
For a larger event are we bringing in a toilet truck? That would be better than Port Potties is the only comment I have although it was nice to have one normal bathroom to use in the Arena
Good comment. I'll add this to our wrap-up agenda.

T-Orca

Brand New
My wife's and I first Cruise Moab, what a great event and experience. Thank you Committee, Trail Leaders / Gunners, Club Members and everyone else that made this a memorable event. Meet a lot of great like-minded people that enjoy exploring the wonders of the great outdoors. We ran Fins n Things, Hell's Revenge (Thank you Doug & Damon) and Elephant Hill (Thank you Jackson & club members).

Thank you all again
Tom & Jenny Eberth
2014 FJ Cruiser

OffRoad Rage - CSC

Brand New
This was one of my favorite CM's of the 7 I've been to, despite no vender night (which is always a great time) and no dinner/raffle. I always measure the experience by the quality of people we meet, information that gets exchanged, expertise on the trails by other participants as well as the trail leaders/gunners, and what I call the smiles per mile factor. Completely checked all the boxes this year. Great runs, great people, skilled spotters, and great attitudes. Literally can't wait till my next one!

I do want to interrogate the meteorologist for greater eastern Utah to find out what he/she was thinking or smoking when they posted the forecast. Although, I've never run Spike in the rain, sleet, and snow before and now I can say I did!

Thanks for all the hard work and tireless volunteer hours that everyone involved put in to making this a quality event each and every year!
-Norm Holt
Phx,AZ