crap, not again...raffle rig

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
shelly called last night about an upcoming meeting, then mentioned that when she and daryl went to load the raffle rig after the caravan, it didn't appear the front end was engaging.

we originally had issues with the solenoids leaking and not allowing enough vacuum, so i blew them out with air and doused them with kroil to lube the seals. i tested them by reving the engine, then checking to see if the driveshaft was engaged. the first couple times, it wasn't, but after a few tries, it worked fine three times in a row.

so, looks like i'll be going over there one night next week/weekend. the cruiser is in green mountain area. anyone else free to help?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
the club contacted the winner. he's working on arranging transport to n carolina, so we've got a little bit of time.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Can you swap around the vacuum lines? just to make sure it's just the solenoids..

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Ige,
We can swap out the solenoids with one of the spare sets I have to see if that helps any. We had plenty of vacuum to the solenoids so I think the problem lies downstream of the connection point to the solenoids. PM when you have an idea of when you want to go over to work on the truck.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Ige,
We can swap out the solenoids with one of the spare sets I have to see if that helps any. We had plenty of vacuum to the solenoids so I think the problem lies downstream of the connection point to the solenoids. PM when you have an idea of when you want to go over to work on the truck.

vehicle is outside and i don't get off work until 6 so mon-thurs is probably bad. fri-sun works timewise except for they're saying another weekend snow storm:rolleyes: why can't it snow during the week?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
my garage is available anytime. not heated, but at least inside.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
ok, tomorrow at 10am in lakewood is where we'll finish this up. not sure of the exact address, but it's the corner of jewell ave, jewell circle and jewell drive (might be st, or court, not sure). crash and i will be there, any help is appreciated.