Cooper/Futura Tires - any good?

I need a good all weather, decent in snow tire for my FJ60. Are the Copper/Futura tires any good? Any opinions on any other tires that are good for a similar price? I think that I'm getting some at Pep boys tomorrow. Getting 31x10.5x15's.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I wasn't too impressed with Cooper tires that my dad bought for the Suburban and my red truck...well built and stayed balanced etc., but didn't last that long. My dad had Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor on the 'burb now and they did GREAT in the first blizzard a couple weeks ago, 45-60 all the way home, after the roads had drifted up. Quiet on the highway, and if they're anything like the older Wranglers, they should last a while. :twocents:

I've had 3 sets of cooper tires for cars, including the ones I have on my wifes car now. I think they're great and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I have no experience with their truck tires though.

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
FWIW, I have some Cooper Discoverer ATR 285's and have been very happy with the wear and traction, They were a good price as well.

Myredyota

Trail Ready
Pep Boys is still having their buy 3 get 1 free special. Just a reminder that Discount Tire will honor the coupon! Get the kind of tire and service you really want!:cheers: