compactenna.com - truth or fiction?

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
https://compactenna.com/

$99 at HRO. Would seem to be perfect for our uses.

Model 2M/220/440
This is a very small multi-band antenna that fits the need of Ham Radio Operators and Scanner Listeners for an attractive mobile antenna that may allow vehicle passage in garages, under tree branches, drive-through services, etc. without having to remove or tilt their antenna structure. Due to the COMPACtenna patented design which includes magnetic-field-enhancement, this short antenna performs surprisingly well. And it includes 220 operation in addition to 2 meters and 440.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Perfect how?

If I had to guess it's some variation of a broomstick antenna or perhaps more precisely an E-H antenna. Point being I seriously doubt it's anything novel and unlikely to perform fundamentally any better than anything else. The down side is for it to work it will have to rigid and that alone to me makes it less than ideal.

BTW, his technical videos are pointless bull, this coming from a dedicated practicer of rambling non-sensical gibberish. If he's doing something truly new, fine, just explain it. EM fields aren't cutting edge, Maxwell collected his equations in the 1860s and not much has indicated that he nor Heaviside were wrong since.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Perfect if it works great and is small
I understand that. It's still about 7 or 8 inches tall and is a rigid fiberglass stub. Based on his stated performance of 3.0 dBi you'd perhaps achieve about 0.5 dB more gain than unity of 2.15 dBi. This is what you'd get from a 1/4 wavelength whip and as I may've mentioned the STI-CO Flexiwhip is a very robust antenna that can literally be tied in knots without damage.

http://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/posts/246430/

There are other low profile options, like the Larsen 2/70SH, which are proven and less expensive.