Colorado Rallye 07

Is there going to be one for 07? We might be in the area for an art festival in August and was just curious if it lined up. I'll check TLCA.org Maybe I can find it there?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We're working on a date -- keep checking back. We are planning on holding it again in 2007.

Thanks! Ginger is really trying to make a go at this art deal. I bet the Cruiser has 250k on it by the end of the summer, it is at 220k or so right now. There is a show in Vail 8/10-12 that she applied for. She has a show in Wyoming the weekend before that that she's already been juried in for. So we are thinking if she gets in of doing a two week Art Show trip through Wyoming and Colorado and then home. Where will home be then? Anyway, Gabe and I get seriously bored at these things. You can only walk around and look at art for so many hours. Cruisers on the other hand provide hours of endless entertainment. IF notice it is a BIG IF, she'd be at that show and the Rally was the same weekend we'd be in heaven.:)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thanks! Ginger is really trying to make a go at this art deal. I bet the Cruiser has 250k on it by the end of the summer, it is at 220k or so right now. There is a show in Vail 8/10-12 that she applied for. She has a show in Wyoming the weekend before that that she's already been juried in for. So we are thinking if she gets in of doing a two week Art Show trip through Wyoming and Colorado and then home. Where will home be then? Anyway, Gabe and I get seriously bored at these things. You can only walk around and look at art for so many hours. Cruisers on the other hand provide hours of endless entertainment. IF notice it is a BIG IF, she'd be at that show and the Rally was the same weekend we'd be in heaven.:)

Rally or not, there is some dang fine wheeling around Vail!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

What gallery in Vail will she be showing at?? My dad has some stuff at the Vail International. Think he was just up there last week actualy.. Be sure to stop and say hi to Farnham, you'll see his 100 parked near town center.

my dads work:www.dcartpress.com

Give dates for the show, always looking for a reason to go to Vail:)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
all i know so far is that it will not be august 18th. i'm waiting to hear from jeffco when the motorcycle training class has the lot (they have it every other weekend). should know within the next couple of weeks, then we'll be able to nail a date down quickly

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Any chance of finding a location other than the Jeffco parking lot? Some trees/shade would be nice. :)

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a place. We were quoted 17,000 from one place for the day! Jeffco came through and didn't charge us a ton.

http://vail.snow.com/summerhome.asp#d=august|c=vailartsfestival|a=ae|b=calendarofevents

Not really a show an art festival. She hasn't been juried in yet. Just applied yesterday. Boy yesterday was a real trip. She called and talked to the head of the show and then called several of the other artists to find out if it was worthwhile for her type of art. She figured it was so she applied.

If she would get this one it is possible we'd be on the road for 3 weeks straight. Sheridan, Wyoming then Vail and then Jackson Hole. If she doesn't do Vail there is a possibility that she'd be in Scum Valley, Idaho the weekend of the Vail show.

Sedona and SLC are some others she may be doing. These art festivals get rich off these things. I should start my own. They cost between $25-$50 to apply. Then booth spaces run from $200-2000 depending upon where it is at. And for all of that they provide basically nothing. Seriously, a mowed lawn. No electricity, no help setting up, bring all your own stuff.

www.gingervogt.com has some of her stuff.

I'm sending a special painting to Colorado today. Suitable for hanging over any diehard Cruiserhead's fireplace.

I'm a bad husband. I saw one she could apply for but it conflicted with Rubithon dates so I neglected to tell her.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Rally or not, there is some dang fine wheeling around Vail!
Throw down, boy!

Pick a date and lead a trip! I assume you mean, other than Holy Cross.

Hmmm! Holy Cross is sort of one of those sacred trails in CO. Looks not too far from Vail. Looks like a good trail. I think I should add that to my list of must dos if we go to this show.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It is a good trail, and not as dangerous as in years past. French Creek is a challenge - or not, depending on equipment and who last stacked rocks - but there is an off-camber tree root/ledge above some slippery north slope mossy stuff that will get your attention. At least, if you are like me, and I know I am.

I always try to check in with the Holy Cross Ranger's Station before and after, to drop off trash (they appreciate it especially when there ISN'T any), and to give a trail report. They appreciate that too. Gots ta keep up relations with White River, not the most OHV friendly forest.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I would do the wagon thing on the Cross with ya, sure! The Buena Vista area is only about 45 minutes from there too which throws a bunch more trail choices at ya! A tad South/East will get you to Wheeler Lake, Red Cone and some fun choices around that area. It would just depend on how much time you would have to play. Holy Cross is still a challenging trail and except for the droves of people up there on weekends it is usually a kick in the pants. If you don't run into a slow group that you can't get around you can do HC fairly quickly.