• Hi Guest: The December club meeting will also be our annual HOLIDAY PARTY! Plus we have a new location. Click here for all the details. Please attend, it's going to be epic!
  • Rising Sun shirts and hoodies - order now! Details here.
    It's been like 10 years since we made club shirts, so order now or embrace sadness for the next decade.
    Important: Orders close this Sunday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m.

Colorado Big Game

Corbet

Staff member
New elk hunter in training. With about 45 days until rifle season opens it’s time to start logging in some miles with gear.

2B0E66EE-05B8-4BAB-9481-8439B5CA3713.jpeg

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Whats that shoulder strap contraption? Air looks clean

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Ahh yes the sling looked funny at first but looking at it in the website it looks like… a sling. Probably the orange.

Corbet

Staff member
Ahh yes the sling looked funny at first but looking at it in the website it looks like… a sling. Probably the orange.
I was concerned you had maybe never seen a backpack as that was the only other shoulder strap contraption.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
That have me a good chuckle :)
At first glance the actual orange shoulder pad border/outer part looked like a tubular aluminum frame that was anodized orange or something. I couldn’t think of why somebody would have made it like that.
Also like that strap for what it’s worth. I have a cheap POS on my rifle and it gets real painful after a long few days

Corbet

Staff member
We got out this weekend both days. Saw lots of elk on Sat nothing Sun. I ended up carrying Bridger’s rifle a lot as conditions were really slick with the melting snow. I don’t care for the sling much. It’s too wide to work well when carrying a pack. Won’t stay on your shoulder well. Without a pack it’s great. Another reason I had it more than him.

64A88AEC-47E0-4ED5-9C83-C4EB8D7FCEF5.jpeg