Clear Creek (Argentine Pass & South Kingston Peak) Work Day - September 14th

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Hello my Overlanding Friends, we have once again arrived at a date with the Clear Creek Ranger district for South Kingston Trail annual workday. I would really appreciate it if somebody who is coming would sign up to be my right hand person. It would be a great help for me because we will likely have a couple group working in slightly different areas of South Kingston.

WHO- This event is open to anybody who can make it. You do not need to be a member of Rising Sun to attend. Kids and dogs welcome, just make sure they are being watched and not in harms way. Leashes for dogs.

WHAT - South Kingston Trail Workday. We collaborate with the Clear Creek Ranger district to do general trail maintenance, buck and rail repair, signage, campsite cleanup, illegal route management, and many other things. This is one of our adopt-a-trails that we have done a lot of work on to keep open and this is our opportunity to work with the Ranger District to continue to do so.

WHEN - Saturday, September 14th. I hope it works for most everyone... Saturday and I am sorry if this interferes with your schedule.

WHERE - South Kingston Trail, https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd530033.pdf Although we encourage you to have an OHV PERMIT, it is NOT required. Regardless, the money goes directly towards keeping trails like this open.

MEETING PLACE - Lets meet at the Safeway in Idaho Springs. Exact location is here: 2425 Miner St, Idaho Springs, CO 80452, https://goo.gl/maps/jcJbQvDN14LgeiLa8
Feedback from past projects was that if we could get started a little earlier; lets plan on meeting at 8:00AM and we can get started airing down and doing the tailgate talk ASAP. Once were done we can head up to the trail proper. I'm hoping we won't be down there more than 30 minutes or so, so we'll be rolling out by 8:45 am. CB channel 4 and HAM 147.420

Bring plenty of water and a lunch and plenty of snacks to stay energized and eat as you go. It will be manual labor so have your work gloves, wear some boots, and bring a few trash bags. We will be doing trash pickup along the trail as well as trail maintenance that needs to be done. We will review the Plan of the Day at the Safeway wit the Clear Creek Rangers.

As always, bring, Gloves, rain gear, sun screen, hat, and again plenty of water.

Let me know if you think you can make it.

See ya'll up there!

Last edited:

OHUZJ100

I am very confident I will attend 9/14.

I have CB Comms only. I will post again once I have my OHV.

I would like to run either of the Rising Sun Trails, let me know which is most helpful, or both if possible. Excited for an opportunity to get out to the amazing adopted trails Rising Sun helps maintain.

:risingsun

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm a maybe at this point.

Kelvin

New-ish
I am a go!

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I am a maybe as well

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
I think I am a go for this as well. Probably will do Argentine, since I don't know if I can get my OHV sticker in time.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Hopefully a few others can sign up to help this weekend. Looks like 3 vehicles confirmed so far? 2 Maybes.

Thanks to those committing to going out.

We can not make it unfortunately.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll be up on Saturday from meetup until about 2. I have a previous engagement starting at 4:30.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I plan to be there.
I may need to be down by 4PM but I could take the Kingston crew if that's helpful @Outlander40?

I need to sort out some vehicle stuff but I'm committed to knocking it out so I can be up there.

Thanks all! We could use a few more to!

OHUZJ100

Hey all sorry for the silly question but where are some places I can get my OHV from?

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

OHUZJ100

I got mine today. I don't understand why I had to pay taxes on it but oh well:tongue2:

I really would like to help with Kingston if that's okay with the rest of the group but am glad to help wherever I am "needed".

See you all Saturday:headbang:

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Team - We have a great Saturday workday coming up. I made a few adjustments to the tread above, but the jest of the changes are as follows:

• Only need to bring regular hat (no hard hat required)
  • Gloves
  • Safety Glass
  • Sturdy boots
  • NO OHV permit is required when you are working with the Clear Creek Range District
  • Due to low participation, we will only be working on the Kingston Peak Trail. There is sufficient work for up to a dozen people/trucks
  • No special tooling will be required for the activities that are planned
We will still plan to meet between 8-830 AM at the Safeway parking lot in Idaho Springs. Clear Creek Rangers will have a tailgate safety talk that is mandatory.

Please provide final confirmation if you will be attending.

Thank you

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
IN!

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
In

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee