• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Circumtour Canyonlands (October 2020)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Dude that's a sweet route! I guess Bobby's Hole is open now? It wasn't a month ago... I have been on most of that, but not all at once that is really sweet. and after all that, you still ran out to Chicken Corners, lol.

pskhaat

Lifted
Dude that's a sweet route! I guess Bobby's Hole is open now? It wasn't a month ago... I have been on most of that, but not all at once that is really sweet. and after all that, you still ran out to Chicken Corners, lol.

That was October, and it was a bloodbath. Took over 4 hours to get 3 vehicles strapped and dragged up Bobby's. I'm not normally one who likes to have trails graded or fixed, but it needed some dynamite and some permanent winch anchors drilled in. So BLM is working on it right now?

Actually, the route does Lockhart to connect the loop. Just that Google Maps doesn't consider that a route so it doesn't show :rolleyes:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ah, makes sense on Lockhart!

Yeah a few of us went down to Beef Basin before Cruise Moab, and were going to come back through Bobby's Hole/e-hill but it was closed, so we took the other route that ends by Newspaper rock.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Yea. that's a good route. Looks like you missed Doll House :( I'd like to do it again. White rim - lockhart- ehill beef basin out wooden shoe to the maze and up to green river at Rays!