Chinaman Gulch 05/03/08

Anybody up for this?

Spoke to Starr Jamison at blm.gov today. She is involved in a land use area which includes Chinamans gulch. Ms Jamison said she would check out Chinamans Gulch today and email me.

The following response is from an email sent today by Ms. Jamison.

I didn't go all the way up chinamans but everything is completely dry in
the area.. Enjoy
Starr Jamison
Bureau of Land Management

This is also consistent with some wheeling I did North of Salida 3 weeks ago. There probalbly will be some snow at the higher elevations but only in shady areas.

How about meeting at the Johnson Village gas station (south side of 285 Hwy) at 9:30. I'm going to stay overnight in Howard, Co and be at Johnsons village before 9:30 on 05/03/08.
It will be a poor second to moab but still wheeling!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/johnson+village+co/

John
KD0DCU
White 97 tacoma w camper shell.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Man I would love to go with you if I just didn't get back yesturday from a vacation in Maui. I have to many other commitments this weekend. I was there a few weeks ago but the gate was locked so I'm glad to see its open again. I will be planing a trip there in a few weeks. I've been wanting to get back there all winter.

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Chinaman Gulch

Hi John!! It's Brian from Littleton, hope you are well!! Had a GREAT trip down Metberry! I, unfortunately, have commitments this weekend but would love to take this trip to Chinamans Gulch. If by chance you want to put it out to the 10th. instead of this weekend I could go.. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what happens.. Talk to you later :) :)

Brian

Chinaman gulch 05/10/08

The 10th works for me as well. It also works better for a Nephew who would like to go along for the ride.

Forget 5-3-08 lets go for 5-10-08. That might give some of those Moabites recovery time for another weekend wheeling!

John
KD0DCU

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Well Heck!! I was just informed by my loving wife that I will be here on Saturday as my sister is coming in from NY to be with the family on Mothers Day... So I can't make it on Saturday as I thought.. Sorry I will keep in touch and hopefully we can get another trip lined up soon....

Brian